Having a bad boss can be a nightmare for employees. Unfortunately, many people have experienced working for a boss who makes their work life miserable. Bad bosses come in many forms, but they all share a few common traits.
One of the most common traits of a bad boss is micromanaging. Micromanagers are bosses who closely scrutinize their employees’ work and do not allow them any autonomy. They may check in on their employees multiple times a day or even demand to approve every decision their employees make. This can create a stressful work environment, and employees may feel that they are not trusted to do their jobs properly.
A lack of empathy is another trait of a bad boss. A boss who lacks empathy and understanding for their employee’s personal and professional challenges can create a negative work environment. Employees may feel that their boss does not care about them as individuals, which can lead to low morale and a lack of motivation.
Bullying is one of the most destructive traits of a bad boss. A boss who bullies their employees can create a hostile work environment and lead to high levels of stress and low morale. This can also lead to legal consequences, as workplace bullying is illegal in many countries.
Bad bosses are a big no I am sure we have established that by now. Today we will be taking a look at the experiences of employees with their absolutely terrible bosses. This will show you just how difficult it is to work in an office that is led by a bad boss.
Scroll down below to enjoy!
1. “My boss thinks I should skip seeing my probation officer and go to jail so he can have a day off. Cause my labor is more important than my freedom.”
2. “After helping them on short notice many times, I finally learned that my day off is my day off.”
3. “Felt sick so tested for Covid… The boss responds with this.”
4. “15-year-old kid so wiped from the workload (McDonald’s) that he just crashed and fell asleep on his 10-minute break (We don’t have a breakroom, so he slept in the stock cage). My boss’s first question? ‘Make sure he isn’t getting paid for that’.”
5. “The fire exit has been blocked like this for months and my boss threatened to fire me after he saw me taking this photo.”
6. A quick mind change.
7. “Boss told me I have to come to work because they need me.”
8. So insensitive.
9. How did this boss muster up the energy to even say such a thing?
10. “Boss fired me for taking approved vacation time, denied my unemployment, and three weeks later I get asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement.”
11. I would’ve called this person an AH had they not walked away.
12. That was way too inappropriate.
13. An example of instant regret.
14. He was at his desk at 8:29 a.m.
15. “I’m still in shock..”
16. “My store manager yells at me because I can barely afford to eat.”
17. “Fiance called in sick with diarrhea, her boss called 911 and told police she was on drugs, is this legal?”
18. “I left my job shortly after receiving this prize for my good work.”
19. “I just found Im the single lowest paid paramedic at my ambulance company, despite having the most experience by several years.”
20. “I got fired for ‘telling the boss how to do his job’ when all I did was say ‘we can’t obstruct a fire escape'”
21. Please be seated.
22. “Shared by my boss, without a hint of irony, in our WhatsApp group.”
23. “Boss called me in early because he said the line needed to be cleaned up. He set up the line this morning. This is what he did.”
24. “My coworker had a dispute with the owner. This is how the owner replied on the group chat.”
25. “My boss wouldn’t let me go turn off my headlights, even though you can see they’re on from the window.”
Can we find an expert on bad bosses? Is that a thing? Because I really want to know what is the motivation for these people to do such things. You really have to have a very specific mindset to behave in such a manner. I do not like bad bosses and I hope I never meet one. And to those who have been through this, I can only say sorry and hope that they get to work under a better leader. These people don’t even deserve to get called leaders.
So infuriating some of these posts. Some big party must host an award show for these people and give them accolades for being the world’s most terrible bosses.
Let’s go through some more bad boss experiences as shared by employees. Scroll down to continue!
26. “My partner asked if they would be getting paid for a mandatory work meeting on their day off.”
27. “I didn’t bring lunch to work since my employer was providing pizza. Two slice limit on pizzas they cut into 16 slices.”
28. Someone stole the employee bonus envelope.
29. “My boss told me to go and rewire an old electrical cabinet at this factory. He didn’t tell me everything around it was covered in sewage liquids.”
30. “I make $15 an hour y’all.”
31. Not drinking Starbucks again.
32. “My boss screwed the only window at our office shut, so now it’s impossible to get fresh air.”
33. “I lost my job of 3 years because of this.”
34. “Stop stealin’ mah electricity!”
35. “Boss gave me cash and called it a bonus. Months later he took it out of my paycheck.”
36. “My boss actually wrote this on my last check.”
37. “My boss told me to at least try shoveling out and come in today. Saskatoon Sk, Canada.”
38. “My boss posted this job description on Facebook and then commented on this a week later. well, I wonder why no one applied.”
39. “I walked to work in a thunderstorm, but my boss forgot to tell me we all have today off.”
40. “I told my boss I quit and he’s not going to pay me.”
41. “These meals (1 per person) we get at my job for shifts up to 12 hours.”
42. “Employer refuses workers from using the AC as a heat wave comes rushing in.”
43. “This got posted by my boss right after they mandated mandatory 6-day, 11-hour work days.”
44. The message was sent at 3 a.m. and corrected 6.5 hours later.
45. “My job involves walking for hours at a time. We also don’t get breaks at all, even for 12+ hour shifts.”
46. “I’m so done with this petty, asinine BS.”
47. “My boss called my doctor because I tested positive for Covid.”
48. “Seriously? Treating employees like middle schoolers?”
49. “I messaged my boss that there was a small leak, and he told me to put a bucket under it. A few hours later the ceiling tiles collapsed in the middle of my shift during a rush.”
50. “This is how my mom’s employer shipped her $2000 work laptop.”
The worst part is none of these bosses learn from the lessons they often get for being bad. They just keep getting worse and it really is alarming.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more!
“Groomers all closed (lockdown). Dog needs a trim. Hold my beer!”
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings