When it comes to retail, the job itself can be a very exhausting and irritating experience; however, it is the consumers you have to deal with on a daily basis that make it so. Any retail employee who has ever dealt with the general public knows how difficult it can be to work in this industry. In fact, even when they aren’t being obnoxious or loud, they are usually causing a commotion in aisle two by asking some sort of ridiculous question. It’s also possible to find consumers who stand out even among their predominantly illiterate peers, individuals who are so easily confused that it’s a wonder they’re still alive, let alone able to communicate with store staff.
Most days, the variety of individuals you’ll meet while working in a retail store is what makes it so intriguing and entertaining. Whether it’s friendly customers who like to strike up a conversation or business customers who just want to get in and out as quickly as possible, retailers interact with a wide variety of people every day. And, as any savvy businessperson knows, there is no one-size-fits-all approach to converting different types of customers. Retailers must recognize that each customer has a unique set of characteristics and customize their methods accordingly. But how do you deal with customers who have left their brain cells at home?!
Even if the consumer is incorrect, you should always listen to what they have to say. These employees, on the other hand, will never forget some of the most ludicrous complaints that these consumers made. Let’s have a look at what some of the staff had to go through and how they dealt with the most obtuse of individuals.
1. “I know that. I’m not an idiot!”
2. Some people really cannot wait!
3. Talk about double standards!
4. The manager sure gave a befitting reply.
5. So are chicken birds?!
6. Because he didn’t want a chip. That is just ridiculous!
7. “It is not McDonald’s!”
8. The stock boy deserves a raise!
9. How dare you ask her such a preposterous question?!
10. The life of a retail worker…
11. Customers who say “customer service is always right” are never right!
12. Maths took a hit with this!
13. Explain to the customer how science works!
14. The expectations of this customer is off the charts!
15. “I’m not an octopus!”
17. Where did that woman come from?!
18. The mistake could not have been a mistake…
19. “Umm excuse me! My milkshake has milk in it!!
20. That customer has got a big heart!
21. Customer: “No, but what kind of meat?!”
22. Facepalms are in order!
23. Just ask her to pay because you cleaned the tiles at your house!
24. That was a pretty savage reply.
25. “Sorry about that”?!
Customer service is a tough job that demands patience and understanding from the employee. People who do not follow directions, who treat you unfairly, or who simply treat their coworkers improperly will exist. Even though this is a reality that most must deal with, unpleasant customers may be extremely disappointing when they occur on a regular basis. Understanding how to deal with disgruntled customers It’s a valuable lesson that every company owner and employee should take into consideration. The first and most important thing you should understand is that you have the legal right to reject service to disrespectful clients without apologizing for doing so. Let us know if you have any stories to share with us!