A subreddit that goes by the name of “Choosing Beggars” is a place where 2.2 million people share the most hilariously embarrassing cases of those who are always looking for perks. Some people have a habit of making the most out of their situation and often times take it to the literal sense where they try to grab the opportunity beyond the normal level. What I mean to say is how we always notice that one person in the supermarket looking out for all the free samples or trying to save a dime wherever they possibly can. For them it might be smart, wise shopping but way more than often it comes off as rather acting entitled to the freebies.
Some occasions more than others, like Thanksgiving get such people more excited to grab all the perks they possibly can. Though such a festivity is a known global holiday, famous for its essence to give, some just have to get their hands on to all they can, beggars in action got caught redhanded in such activities and therefore we thought we would like to share a couple with you as well! Scroll down and check them out!
1. Just in case it isn’t, you’re gonna be bashed for not following the orders.
The level of entitlement! Yikes!
2. I would go hungry before entering a church ever again.
3. Someone who wants it all!
4. These are also the *exceptions*; most people aren’t like this!
5. The epitome of criticism on such generosity is just the beginning of entitlement.
6. The movement running in the comment section is amusing how everyone is being such a critic!
7. The entitled “I and my son” have a long list settled!
The irony is as such, that this year, the American Farm Bureau reported that this year for the hosts, it was quite an ordeal to deal with the expenses for the Thanksgiving dinner. Apparently, it turns out that this year, the suppliers struggled with selling their products on such high prices. Last year it was reported the cost for 10, for a dinner was the lowest it had been since 2010 and that was mainly due to the pandemic and people avoiding gatherings due to the terror of Covid. Sellers tried to keep the prices lower than others in order to attract shoppers. Since the vaccinations are administered globally rapidly, things are going back to normal and the demand is much greater than the supply due to which the prices have been rising.
According to the New York Times, there are so many people involved in the nation’s food supply and due to the rise in Inflation within the past few years, expenses, shortages, and policies have been updated that have caused high expense rates.
Due to the increase in the price of corn in some parts of the country from July 2020 to July 2021, the turkeys feeding on such a diet double the selling price too, since a year ago, the consumer price index for food has risen up to 4.6% and on the other hand, the prices for dairy and meat has risen up to 10.5%. The Department of Agriculture turkey concluded that the price of frozen meat is 25 cents more than the previous year.
8. Instead of getting the help, she seems to get her definition of the perfect meal served on a silver plate right on her lap, without having to put her foot down.
First, she needs the help, then she needs it cooked a specific way, then she wants to get it for all the family members, then she cannot bring all the family members to the venue to get the food, then she just isn’t sure if she is comfortable to allow strangers to her house. Hats off to the woman dealing with her in such a professional manner.
9. The amount of specifications mentioned by Grandmother clearly shows the attention to detail for the dinner!
This comes to shows that grandma has faced a lot of first-hand experiences throughout all the yearly thanksgiving to be done with all the drama thrown her way. Therefore it is time for everyone to know who the boss is.
10. “Honest question, do people really eat dinner at 2 pm on thanksgiving?”
11. All the families must be in misery for having to read their detailed instructions and the terror to not mess up a single detail.
12. There are definitely not that many conditions to crash someone’s dinner, just a couple way too many!
The audacity to firstly, crash someone’s intimate dinner, then have a gazillion conditions like a cherry on top for acting entitled being new in the area.
13. Even the curch couldn’t beat the high standards some people have. Thus they end up with a one-star review.
14. Just another beggar with a long list of specific items ready to be served hot!
15. While everyone is getting done with the Thanksgiving dinner, let’s just move on to the next festivity.
16. Seeking out donations and the free turkey dinner as a buy one and get one free offer!
17. If a free turkey was not enough, the nerves people have to instruct others further as to what could have been better.
18. The profile stalking was enough to refuse the offer.
19. With all the guests and commotion, we all need an extra pair of hands to help out in such a festivity.
Thus Thanksgiving dinners are funfilled with family reunions, tonnes of turkey, lavish delicacies, lots of family drama sinking in, drinking the night away, and most importantly, the essence of the night adds up to the luxury of the day! We absolutely love such traditions that have been going on from the start of times!
Have you experienced such choosy people across you on Thanksgiving? Let us know in the comments section below. Don’t forget to share your experiences!