Reality can often be disappointing, but not in these things’ cases.
We are very familiar with reality turning out worse than we had planned or had in mind. That’s how it has always been, at least that’s what I have experienced. We tend to develop high hopes for every task we perform or anything we do every day and a majority of those tasks fail as my high hopes are just too high for the reality to go up and meet them.
For people whose expectations are never met by reality, when such a rare event occurs where they meet, they are over the moon. These people get confused when things exceed their expectations because they are not used to such events so they cherish it for a very long time. When you have built an expectation related to something and reality turns out to be something very different and positive from what you had expected for a very long time, you never forget such a thing.
Thanks to Reddit, there is an entire community that goes by the name ‘Expectations VS Reality. This subreddit is dedicated to things that beat people’s expectations. Today we are going enjoy some of those instances.
Scroll down below to enjoy!
1. For once there are actually loads of pepperoni.
2. Design the person gave vs what artist saw in it.
3. They had to assemble the table and were very surprised to see everything organized perfectly with labels.
4. They wanted the cake to be made just like the bok and they got exactly what they wished for.
5. What was inside looked even better than the picture on the box.
6. Honestly if you send a reference drawing that good, you deserve a resultant cake like that.
7. You can take your expectations to the sky in Japan because they will always meet them.
8. This cupcake birthday cake was ordered from a grocery store.
9. This person set up their camera, pointed it upwards and set the shutter speed to an hour. The result was far more mesmerizing than what they had in mind.
10. The wife of the house is an expert in replicating cupcakes from images.
11. He shined his girlfriend’s boot and didn’t think it would turn out this good.
12. She used to apply to filter to get that hair color, now she actually has them and they look far better.
13. A very lucky human.
14. Family told the kid they only have enough money to get one pizza for his birthday party. They didn’t tell him the size of it.
15. The tattoo artist did that by looking at that?
16. They ran out of filament. The improvisation was on point.
17. This person got perfect blankets after ordering them from a very suspect online site.
18. Whoever made that masterpiece, deserves a raise.
19. I have never reality meeting imagery this perfectly.
20. The bakery absolutely nailed the Dr. Who cupcakes and that too on very short notice.
21. They messed up an easter egg so decided to dye it, it turned out to look like the universe.
22. 12 hours of restoration and the result looks better than ever.
23. This is the first time they made a layered cake. The final product is only the right.
24. Not sure about the face but the swap on the cup looks fantastic.
25. Where can I find such artists?
Imagine the satisfaction after beating the low expectations. I have felt that a couple of times and it is totally worth the patience and hard work. Kudos to these guys for achieving what they wanted to. Call it luck or whatever you want to, they did it and so can you.
Let’s enjoy some more pictures where reality beat expectations.
26. Straight out of the book.
27. The artist absolutely surpassed all existing expectations with this piece.
28. “The way we advertise our Jack-O-Lantern Pizzas vs the way I like to make them for customers.”
29. “I took a picture through my sunglasses at the beach with my phone. It turned out better than I expected.”
30. “American Cherry Pie Frappuccino in Japan.”
31. “Pic I sent cookie maker, and what I got. 100% impressed.”
32. “I went to 5 Guys last night when they were closing They asked if I wanted extra bacon cause they were going to throw it out. I didn’t expect this.”
33. “My wife and I were worried our daughter would have a hard time making friends in kindergarten.”
34. “I think it turned out pretty well.”
35. “My first attempt at cake decorating. Nailed it.”
36. “Christmas gift from my teens has proven more useful than expected.”
37. “That’s hot.”
38. “My wife asked what kind of cake she should make. I told her that, honestly, I’ve always wanted to try Peach’s Thank-You cake from the End of Super Mario 64.”
39. “Pic given to local baker on the left. Actual hungry unicorn cake I received on the right. I like my cake better.”
40. Perfect replication.
41. “It’s my son’s birthday today and he wanted a fire-truck cake. It came out better than expected.”
42. “I wasn’t actually expecting that.”
43. “Pretty happy with how this turned out.”
44. Blessing to the house and the mouth.
45. “My daughter begged me to show her a planet through her toy telescope. Expected failure, but found Jupiter and all 4 moons. Mindblown.”
46. “My friend’s wife wanted us, groomsmen, to do a pic similar to the Bridesmaids’ poster. I’d say it came out better than I expected.”
47. “My mom made an Elsa cake.”
48. “Made a unicorn cake for my mom’s birthday. Considering how inexperienced I am with baking, I thought it turned out pretty good.”
49. “Client’s sketch for pendant vs finished pendant. Expectations surpassed.”
50. “Otterly impressive birthday cake from my mom.”
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section down below.