Have you ever been out shopping, minding your own business, when someone suddenly approaches you and demands your attention as if you were an employee? You look down at your outfit, only to realize that you are not wearing the uniform of the store in question. Despite this, the person persists, insisting that you help them with their inquiries, complaints, or demands.
Unfortunately, this scenario is not uncommon, and many people have experienced similar situations. In fact, there are countless stories of individuals who have been mistaken for employees in stores, restaurants, and other public places by rude and clueless people, and Reddit is full of such stories. These stories range from mildly amusing to downright infuriating, and they reveal a great deal about the human tendency to stereotype and make assumptions based on appearances.
In today’s post, we will explore 28 stories of rude and dumb people mistaking random persons for employees. They range from humorous to infuriating, and they offer a glimpse into the strange and often frustrating experiences of those who have been mistaken for employees. While some of the stories may make you laugh or shake your head in disbelief, others may make you angry or sad. All things set to the side, you better believe this experience is definitely going to be a rollercoaster ride for you readers today.
Scroll down below to enjoy!
1. Racist lady mistakes a brown person for an employee and gets arrested.
2. Entitled mother thought this person lets people ride on his/her horse.
3. I am just going to declare that guy a fully evolved racist.
4. The owner got mistaken for an employee by Karen.
5. The husband was wearing a winter coat and was also carrying a 6-month-old baby…and still he got mistaken for a worker…wow.
6. Those who don’t look anything like an employee seem to get mistaken for an employee the most.
7. You know Beth…so she must work here. I don’t think this mistaken woman has any concept of “friends”.
8. When someone says “I don’t work here”, why isn’t that enough?
9. This job candidate got fired before even getting hired.
10. Don’t have to deal with the annoying customer anymore.
11. And this is why ladies and gentlemen you never behave rudely with strangers for no reason. They may be your next job interviewer.
12. I think her sugar levels were down that day.
Now I fully realize you guys are feeling a lot of feelings right now and so am I. But if I was to guess those feelings or make the closest, most accurate guess, I would say your feelings comprise hilarity as well as bewilderment. The stories really are hilarious if you think of it in a general sense but that sensation of confusion is there because you actually cannot believe how dumb these people can actually be at times to mistake any random person for an employee. Like why wouldn’t you enquire? And this is where the third emotion begins to play its role; the one that mildly infuriates you.
I was once sitting on a stool in a grocery store, the one employees use to stand on to put items on the top shelf. My mother was busy shopping and this one woman approached me to ask the price of a certain product she was holding. She assumed I was an employee there even though I was not wearing anything that looked similar to the uniform every employee was wearing at the store. She just happened to decide there and then that I was an employee. Thankfully, she wasn’t like a Karen, and when I said “I don’t work here”, she said sorry and walked away. That’s my entry into the experience.
Let’s read through some more stories of random people being mistaken for employees. Scroll down below to continue!
13. Why don’t they ever understand it politely?
14. Lady, why don’t you just mind your own business and finish that Quarter Pounder sitting in front of you?
15. There will always be that one person who will not have it the easy way.
16. Well if she didn’t know if that person was an employee or not then why was she giving him the attitude as if he was one…still a very wrong way to talk even if he was an employee.
17. So if you are wearing a mask you are automatically a worker at that place? Logic died after reading this story.
18. All of that because this person was wearing a green shirt. Just wow!
19. The day son’s girlfriend was mistaken for a waitress. That is a crazy first-meeting experience.
20. Of course she was going to escape after realizing she was wrong.
21. I am really starting to think these people’s brains do not register the words “I don’t work here”.
22. I don’t mean any offense to anyone but why is it always the women?
23. The entitled lady was talking as if she owned the hospital.
24. Of course he was not going to care about your kid, lady…because he doesn’t freaking work there.
25. She first assumed the wife was a gardener…and then she assumed the husband and the wife were both robbing the house.
26. I am glad the guy didn’t snap at the lady for eating his fries and actually realizing his mistake.
27. Sorry old lady but you are supposed to ask someone if they are a worker at the place or not instead of assuming that they are.
28. I really want to know the proper they use to make these wrong assumptions…I really do.
I really hope you guys enjoyed reading these stories. Have you ever had such an experience? We would love to know all about it so do share in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“My cat of 12 years died this week, and the next day I went to the shelter to pet some kitties since I’ve never been without a cat. I ended up coming home with the only cat there. This is Charlie! He’s five years old and was surrendered by his old owners and had been there a while.”