I don’t believe anyone who tells me they don’t like dogs.
I mean, how could you possibly hate these precious creatures? Just look at them! We don’t deserve dogs. They are too precious. Getting a pet is a huge responsibility. When you adopt a dog, you have to take care of them, feed them, look after their health, and make sure they get enough exercise to stay healthy. Not everyone has the time or resources to do all that. This is why most parents are reluctant to keep a dog when their kids ask for one. Even though they pretend to not want the dog, deep inside they really do want a cuddly furbaby.
Even if they don’t initially want a dog, which I highly doubt, the dog is most likely to change their minds. It doesn’t take long for a dog to secure its place in your heart. These dogs won the hearts of dads that did not want them at first. Scroll down below to see the wholesome sights:
1. 1000% Did not want this little monster. But couldn’t live without him now.
I see someone is getting all cosy with the dog.
2. Husband: I don’t like dogs. Also Husband: I know she’s not allowed on the bed, but it’s thundering and she’s scared of thunder.
You know he has a soft spot for the doggo.
3. “I don’t like dogs, I’m a cat person”
Sure, you are.
4. At first he didn’t want any dogs, now we got two.
The numbers just increase after that.
5. “I don’t like Perros” says my Mexican dad
He is trying to keep his facial expressions as serious as possible.
6. My dad does NOT like dogs, got it? Which is of course why he’s falling out of his chair to pet mine
That’s a lot of effort just to pet the dog, isn’t it, dad?
7. Dad says he doesn’t like dogs. It’s a good thing I’m not a dog. I’m a Precious, and that’s better.
Who could say no to this adorable baby?
8. I’m allergic to dogs and I don’t have the time to take care of one. Now I have two and I was dog sitting the third for a couple of months.
Allergies? Never heard of them.
9. With the dog he didn’t want.
Chilling with his buddy.
10. “I don’t want a big dog. I don’t like big dogs.”
The bigger they are, the more warmth you’ll get from their cuddles.
11. “I’m allergic and dogs are too much work”
The dog has clealy conquered him.
12. I don’t want to rescue her. We already have enough pets. They are best friends now. Inseparable.
A bond that will last forever.
13. Dad didn’t want a dog… now they’re inseparable and it melts my heart.
You can pretend all you want. We know you love him.
14. My dad and the dog he didn’t want.
They’re having a father-son moment.
15. Dad in 2000: “We’re not getting a dog.” Dad in 2001:
And that was the starting of a beautiful friendship.
16. “I hate this stupid animal” uh-huh, sure…
We totally believe you.
17. For someone who didn’t want a dog, they cuddle an awful lot!
Seems kind of sus. Are you sure he doesn’t love him?
18. From “We will NOT have a dog” to “I will NOT take a nap without the dog” real quick.
Wife? What wife? I need my dog.
19. “She’s not allowed on the bed”
She is now.
20. “Ugh, little dogs are not my style”…Yeah, right, now look who’s camping together…
He probably realised smaller dogs are tougher.
It certainly doesn’t seem like they didn’t want a dog. These dad and doggo relationships are so wholesome. I remember when my dad told me I couldn’t keep a dog. I snuck one in anyway, and it soon became my dad’s dog. I would catch glimpses of him playing with the dog secretly and when I would tell him I saw him. He would act cool and brush it off. I don’t know what it is with dads, but at least they love our furbabies. Scroll down below to see more:
21. Doggo got his furniture privilege card
He is going to slowly take over the whole house.
22. Dad did not want either of them… now this is how they spend their Saturdays after they cut the grass together.
Now he needs them more than ever.
23. Why do people get dogs? Now eating ice cream with our daughter’s dog we are pet sitting
It looks like they do everything together now.
24. Fine, we can get a dog. We adopted him a week ago.
They always cave in!
25. “We ain’t getting no dog,” my dad said. This is him and our old girl 15 years later and still going strong.
Where did all the toughness go, dad?
26. This is my boyfriend and Clover who “ONLY GETS TO STAY BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE A PACKAGE DEAL”
He definitely wanted the whole package.
27. He didn’t want a single one of ‘em.
Now he wants to catch ’em all!
28. He didn’t want a dog…
He has a car buddy!
29. “I don’t even like her that much.”
He’s struggling to keep a straight face.
30. Abby (left) and Whiskey (right) having a morale day at dad’s unit. He’s gone from “NO DOGS!” to proud dog dad.
A happy family!
31. I asked my parents to look after Peanut for a few months while I figured life out. Dad wasn’t happy about it. I am going to pick him up tomorrow and he doesn’t want to let him go.
Even I don’t want to separate them.
32. My parents seriously fought for 2+ years about getting a dog. My dad finally relented.
Dad has no regrets.
33. I’m too tired for another dog…
Well, now they are tired together.
34. Was told I had to take the dog with me when I move out, now I’m not allowed…
It is clearly his dog now.
35. Never allowed pets growing up, but here’s my dad now.
I want someone to love me like this dad loves the dog.
36. “No dogs on the bed.”
I guess that rule doesn’t apply anymore.
37. “Don’t get a husky, I’ll never be able to keep up with it!”
He loves the dog more than the dog loves him.
38. My boyfriend, who very clearly told me that if he gets me a puppy I am 100% solely responsible, and Apollo. Love these two
They are a team now.
39. Plot Twist! I’m the Dad and I totally didn’t want a dog! 7yrs later we nap together and he has even converted the wife to doggos! Atta boy Scout!
You can just tell how close they are.
40. It took years to convince my dad to get us a dog but here he is kissing my dog’s foot after he hurt it chasing a rabbit
This is what true love looks like.
Did you ever keep a pet against your dad’s will? How did they react? Let us know in the comments below.