Taking care of a pet involves much more than feeding it and providing a warm, dry place for it to sleep. The only thing your dog has is you, not your friends, family, or work. Whenever something happens around it or to it, you are responsible. That’s a lot of responsibility. It is, in some ways, more challenging than raising a child because kids become more independent over time. Pets, however, do not. It is all up to you to take care of them. When you want to take a vacation, what should you do? What if you have to travel for business?
Your pets will be taken care of if you live near friends and family who are willing to watch them. Many pet owners resort to kennels and pet hotels, however, because they do not have anyone to take care of their animals. Pet sitters can be more expensive than hotels, so some people prefer to hire them. Moreover, finding a reliable pet sitter can be difficult. It can also be a challenge to find a reliable pet-sitting client. The story we have today is one of those. It’s about a pet sitter who was lied to by her client. In her desperation to get the pet sitter to watch her untrained dog, she lied about the dog’s habits.
1. Would she be an A-hole? keep on scrolling down to find out
2. OP did ask the owner if the dog had any issues with chewing things since he is just a year old
3. the toys that the owner of the dog sent was hard plastic that the dog had chewed to hell and later she texted and told OP that he destroys socks but it was already too late lol
4. She also told OP to not let the dog in her bedroom and let the dog sleep in the living room and close the door to her room weirdly OP did not want to question her parenting methods but later that night OP went out of her room to check on the dog and she found her rug completely destroyed along with a band new couch and a pair of flip-flop
5. OP don’t won’t charge for the whole couch but she would like to charge for the completely destroyed rug and shoes which is like $100 will she be the A-hole if she charges her for that after she told the OP that her dog didn’t chew?
6. This Redditor says that OP is not an A-hole because the owner was dishonest to her dog owner clearly said that the dog had no chewing issues yet she brought OP the dog that did have chewing problems
7. NTA the owner lied to the OP the dog clearly had a chewing problem
8. Exactly OP should explain to the dog owner that she followed her instruction and this was the outcome
9. Yes she misled the OP by lying to her
10. This Redditor says that it seems like $100 is nowhere near enough to replace or repair the rug and couch
This was it, folks, this was the story we personally think that OP wouldn’t be an A-hole if she asks the owner of the pet to pay for the damages the dog did. Let us know what you think about it down below in the comment section and make sure to like and share this article with your friends and family and stay tuned for more content like this with Defused. Thank You!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings