Decision making. This concept is so crucial in every single person’s life. You have to take into account a lot of things before deciding something so that the factor in consideration benefits you the most. Decisions can also make your life h*ll if you do not take them probably, with logic and rational incorporated into them.
Talking about decisions, today we have a story that involves one. Reddit user u/oogaboogawatcher shared being very careful during college, she got pregnant with a junior during her sophomore year. OP shared her parents were religious and were against pre-marital s*x so she got really scared when she found out she was pregnant. As her parents were the ones who were financing her education, OP’s boyfriend also told her to keep the news hidden from her parents. The baby got born and got 6 months old and OP’s had no idea about his existence.
That is when OP felt this was unfair to her son and decided to tell her parents everything. The parents, as expected, got extremely angry and said they didn’t consider the baby as family and refused to even see him. OP’s boyfriend also got angry with her for telling her parents about the baby because he feared they would cut her finances and that would make it impossible for OP to study and for them to raise the baby.
Scroll down below to read the story!
1. Having a child is significant news…let’s see what kept OP from not giving this news to her parents.
2. OP got pregnant with a junior in her sophomore year. The problem with this was OP’s parents were extremely religious and condoned premarital s*x, exactly what OP had done.
3. OP had been having pre-marital s*x and hiding it from her parents throughout college but in university…a mistake happened.
4. After finding out she was pregnant, OP got really scared to give this news to her parent as she feared they would stop financing her education as punishment.
5. OP’s boyfriend also gave the advice to hide the news.
6. After her baby was born, OP’s parents had no idea for about 6 months. Around this time OP thought not letting her son meet his grandparents would be unfair to him.
7. The boyfriend kept telling OP to keep the baby’s existence hidden but OP finally let her parents know about him. She told them everything.
Keeping your parents in the dark is always the worst thing you can do to them. No matter how big the crime is that you committed. Of course, I call the birth of this baby a crime because OP herself has been so fearful ever since she did it. In her parents’ eyes, if what she did was wrong then she shouldn’t have done it. So hiding the fact that she had a baby was incorrect.
But this last line that I just read, that she finally decided to tell her parents about the baby despite her agreeing with her boyfriend that she won’t do so, makes her an even bigger AH. There is a lot that has to go into this and if the financing now stops, all of the burden will come on OP’s boyfriend. Let’s see how the parents and the boyfriend receive this news.
Scroll down below to continue reading!
8. OP’s parents got extremely angry when they got the news. They couldn’t believe their daughter could do such a thing.
9. Both parents refused to meet their grandson as they didn’t consider him family.
10. OP’s boyfriend also got angry at OP as he began fearing her parents would get their financing off.
11. This made OP turn to the AITA community to ask if first hiding the news and then telling her parents about the baby was the right thing to do or not.
Here’s what the internet had to say about this:
12. This is all on you, OP. You had the baby, it was your active decision to have it.
13. The finances are at risk…and it is all because of OP. I hope the parents don’t cut the finances off but if they do, OP is to be held responsible.
14. As simple as that.
15. Don’t cry about what happened. You cannot change the past. Work and mend your future to make life easy for yourself and your baby.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“Caught the perfect shot of my mom trying to get the cat out of the tomato garden.”