Shaming someone for the way their body looks, accusing someone of something that is solely based on an assumption, calling someone ugly, and many more things like so are just unacceptable to do. No community promotes this sort of behavior and I believe there should be heavy punishments in place for people who exhibit such behavior so the reinforcement can be reduced to the point of elimination.
In today’s story shared by Reddit user u/mega_cancer, we see a mother-in-law exhibiting such terrible behavior. OP shared she went on a family trip with her in-laws and they had a really good time on vacation. However, as they returned home OP’s partner received an email from his mother. The email was aimed entirely at OP and it contained an extremely hurtful message in which she called OP manipulative, shamed her body to an unbelievable point, and even questioned his own son’s choice to marry such an ugly woman.
The message hurt OP and her partner was disappointed with his mother too, but because he had never talked back or raised his voice at his mother, OP’s partner had no idea how to respond to the email. So OP took the matter to the subreddit “Just No MIL” which with over 1.9 million members to seek advice on how to respond to the hurtful email sent to her partner by her MIL.
Scroll down below to read the story!
1. Why? Let’s find out.
2. After the whole fiasco with the COVID settled, OP went on a family trip with her in-laws and had a great time there.
3. But as they got home, OP’s partner saw he had received an email from his mother. It was for OP and it wasn’t good.
4. OP’s mother-in-law sent an extremely hurtful message to her in which she body shamed her, called her manipulative, and even questioned her son’s choice.
5. She made comments about OP not being feminine and looking ugly…this was basically hate speech towards OP from her mother-in-law.
6. OP shared weight fluctuations and being overweight is something that runs in her family and they have all accepted this fact.
7. But the way her MIL kept pointing it out in the email and OP shared she had done it on other occasions too, this really hurt OP.
8. MIL also told her son to find another woman as OP is a very unattractive partner.
9. OP’s partner disagreed with all of this but because he had never raised his voice or talked back to his mother, he didn’t know how to respond to the email.
Oh my god…I actually cannot believe this. This mother-in-law should be jailed for that email. I am so angry right now. How did she not hesitate one bit doing that level of body shaming? And such people feel so proud of their acts like so. I am so disappointed. Because OP’s partner doesn’t know how to respond to her mom, here is some advice.
OP’s partner should respond to that email simply by saying “Email seen and content acknowledged”. And the next day leave the freaking house and take his wife elsewhere. I swear her MIL will not let her live. These comments can have a terrible effect on a person’s mental capacity no matter how tough they are. They may have serious consequences.
10. Ever since reading the email, OP’s partner has been very upset.
11. The reason why OP cannot give a response herself is that she and MIL do not speak a common language.
12. So OP turned to the internet for some advice.
Here’s some of the advice the internet gave OP:
13. I think that would be perfect. Even OP can do that as this would be a universal language.
14. Oof, that would roast her like chicken.
15. That route can also be taken.
16. As OP’s partner, this is his responsibility.
17. Whatever they wish to do, it must be done at the earliest.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“My cat used to sleep on pizza boxes until my girlfriend threw them away. I finally caved and got pizza today. This was his reaction.”