The story begins with a young couple, a 25-year-old woman, and her 29-year-old boyfriend, eagerly anticipating the arrival of their first child in August. They share the delightful news that they are expecting a boy. Excitement fills the air as they embark on the journey of parenthood.
One of the most cherished rituals during pregnancy is choosing a name for the baby. For this couple, the process began early, at just 10 weeks into the pregnancy. They decided on the name ‘Amaris,’ a beautiful choice that means ‘moon child’ in Arabic. This name held profound significance for them, especially since the boyfriend is Muslim.
Here’s where the plot takes an unexpected turn. The boyfriend’s younger sister, aged 22, had a baby of her own in February. However, she kept her pregnancy entirely under wraps, surprising her family with the arrival of her child. To add to the intrigue, she didn’t reveal her baby’s name until after giving birth. And the name she chose? ‘Amari.’
keep on scrolling down to read the full story in OP’s own words and we will see you at the end of the article.
1. Is OP an A-hole for naming her baby a similar name as her sister-in-law
2. OP and her boyfriend are having their first baby and as soon as they find out that it’s gonna be a boy they start throwing names around and finally decide on Amaris which means moon child in Arabic
3. OP and her boyfriend revealed their baby’s name publicly because they decided to give their child the middle name of OP’s high school friend who passed away and they wanted to share that
4. This Redditor says that his brother and cousin had a very confusing childhood because of having similar names
5. This Redditor said that he would be more bothered that his child would not have their own unique name
6. This Redditor says that she has the same name as her cousin with an added initial letter and that it has never been a problem at all
7. This Redditor thinks that the similar names may be confusing at family gatherings but otherwise no one cares what one chooses to name their child
8. This Redditor has the same name as her cousin and she lives in a small town here’s what she has to say
9. This Redditor asked where is this naming disease coming from
10. This Redditor thinks that OP is an A-hole
11. This Redditor told OP to name her baby whatever she wants
12. This Redditor is confused and here is why
13. OP says it’s okay she expected a little bit of both
14. Exactly no one owns the copyright to a child’s name
15. “No one has dibs on a name just because they had a kid first.”
16. This Redditor thinks that it was a bit extreme for the sister to go nuclear
17. This Redditor told OP that she is an A-hole here’s why
18. OP says that they had already picked their name before she gave birth
19. This Redditor says that she knows several people with the same first name as their cousin and also says that it’s no big deal
20. Exactly there is no such thing as stealing a name
This is it, folks, this was the story let us know what you think about it down below in the comments section, and make sure to like and share this article with your friends and family and stay tuned for more content like this with Defused. Thank You!