The Reddit post in question revolves around a 24-year-old woman who embarked on a vacation with her partner’s family. This was a significant event for her because it marked the first time her beloved dog, whom she adopted last summer, would be placed in boarding. The dog’s special diet and anxiety in new environments added to her concerns. However, she had arranged to FaceTime her friend, who was taking care of the dog, every evening to check in.
The conflict arose when the protagonist’s sister-in-law (SIL), a new mother herself, took issue with her nightly FaceTime routine. SIL believed that the attention given to the dog was excessive and unnecessary. She began making snide remarks about it, initially to the partner and later directly to the pet owner. These remarks escalated, with SIL even going so far as to hide the phone to disrupt the nightly check-in.
The situation reached its breaking point when the pet owner confronted SIL. She questioned why her concern for her dog was perceived as insensitive when SIL had her baby with her. SIL responded by asserting that a dog couldn’t be compared to her child. This led to a heated argument where the pet owner asserted that her dog was just as important to her as SIL’s baby was to her.
Keep on scrolling down to read the full story in OP’s own words and we will see you at the end of the article.
1. Is OP an A-hole for telling her Sister-in-law that her dad’s dog is just as important to her as her baby is to her? Keep on scrolling down to find out.
2. OP was on vacation with her partner’s family and this was the first time OP had to put her dog in
3. OP knew she’d have to go into a quiet place to FaceTime her dog
4. OP found her phone in her bag and her husband confirmed and this is when OP snapped!
5. SIL told OP that she can’t compare her baby to her pet and this was it this made OP really mad because according to her it’s her baby
6. OP says that the call was only 15 minutes long!
7. Exactly some people love their pets like they are their own flesh and blood
8. This Redditor thinks that OP’s sister-in-law is overreacting
9. Exactly she stole OP’s phone why should OP apologize?
10. Couldn’t agree more
11. OP’s sister-in-law is an A-hole for sure
12. This Redditor thinks that OP’s sister needs to focus on herself and it’s weird that she cares so much
13. This Redditor does not trust people who dislike dogs!
14. He got a valid point
15. This Redditor is bothered by the fact that OP’s partner didn’t back her up
16. This Redditor says that OP’s sister-in-law is weird and cruel for hiding OP’s phone
This was it, folks, this was the story let us know what you think about it down below in the comments section, and make sure to like and share this article with your friends and family and stay tuned for more content like this with Defused. Thank You!