As a single dad, OP’s home has always been welcoming for his daughter’s friends. they’ve often been the go-to house for playdates, sleepovers, and casual hangouts. It’s a role OP has embraced gladly, knowing that his daughter benefits from having a vibrant social life.
Recently, OP’s daughter introduced OP to her new friend, Monica. Monica’s parents are known to be a bit stricter regarding rules and bedtime. This difference in parenting styles didn’t deter OP; OP respected their approach and welcomed Monica into his home with open arms.
One summer evening, OP’s daughter and her friends, including Monica, had a sleepover planned. OP took them to watch some fireworks, and after the spectacle, OP dropped them back home. All seemed well until the clock struck 9, and a conflict began brewing.
Keep on scrolling down to read the full story in OP’s own words and we will see you at the end of the article.
1. Is OP an A-hole for sending a girl home? Keep on scrolling down to find out.
2. OP’s daughter often has sleepovers in the summer
3. OP’s daughter made a new friend in their neighborhood she was the same age as OP’s daughter
4. OP took the girls to watch fireworks then took them home and left them to do whatever they wanted
5. OP tried to stay out of it but he eventually went in there and asked to speak to his daughter privately
6. Monica’s parents are angry with OP and they claim that the girls should have just gone to bed early once
7. Do you think OP is wrong for having Monica leave without trying to solve the problem?
8. That sure is a laughable sentence
9. Monica does seem to be a bit entitled
10. This Redditor feels bad for Monica
11. OP also feels bad for Monica because he doubts if any of the girls will invite her again
12. Exactly guests don’t get to set the rules for everyone else
14. This Redditor told OP that it was your house your rules and Monica’s home was the best place for her to sleep soundly OP safely walked her there so basically OP is not an A-hole
15. This Redditor appreciates how OP talked in private with her daughter to know what she wanted
16. Exactly it’s OP’s daughter’s home and good on OP for backing her up
18. OP did come up with a great solution but sadly it didn’t work
This is it, folks, this was the story let us know what you think about it down below in the comments section we think that OP handled the situation the best possible way he could. From the facts above and users comments about the situation reveal to us that OP is not the A-hole, and he handled the situation quite well and even left Monica at her home.
Also, make sure to like and share this article with your friends and family, and stay tuned for more content like this with Defused. Thank You!