In the world of pet owners, there are those who simply adore their furry companions, and then there are those who take it to a whole new level. This is the story of a cat owner who decided to treat her feline friend like a human baby, not out of necessity but purely to annoy her mother-in-law. It’s a quirky and amusing journey of one woman’s determination to prove a point. So, buckle up and get ready for a story of feline pampering and pettiness!
The story begins when the OP stumbled upon a tiny, fluffy kitten at her workplace. This wasn’t just any kitten; it was the same little troublemaker from a previous story, The kitten was a mere 6-7 weeks old when discovered, a tender age requiring utmost care and attention.
Everything took an unexpected turn when the mother-in-law, who clearly had grandkids on her mind, decided to drop a comment about the future. Little did she know that her comment would set off a hilarious chain of events.
Keep on scrolling down to read the full story in OP’s own words and we will see you at the end of the article.
1. OP treated her cat like a baby to spite her mother-in-law!
2. OP was in her living room minding her own business and OP’s mother-in-law came in and watched OP cuddle with her new kitten for a moment
3. OP says that if anything she’ll spoil her cat more
4. OP’s mother-in-law said that if OP we’ll give all her attention to her pets there won’t be any room in her mind for her kids
5. OP’s mother-in-law said that when OP gets married and gives her grandbabies she won’t have room for a spoiled cat in her life
6. At this point the hamsters were running overtime in OP’s head she looked up at her from the couch and pulled her kitten close and went really quiet
7. OP softly and sadly said this…
8 It sounds like OP’s mother-in-law was shocked!
9. OP told her mother-in-law that it’s not her she wants to make her grandma but it’s her son who does not want kids
10. She toddled away but that was not the end of that!
11. OP started holding the kitten like a baby and rocking him and singing to him
12. OP saw a little baby shirt at the dollar store that was big enough to fit OP’s cat
13. OP’s mother-in-law told OP to not say anything about her being a bad parent to her nonexistent children
14. Here’s the TL DR for those who are too lazy to read the whole post
15. A cutie for real
16. This was epic for real
17. OP’s cat does have the most epic name
18. OP says that his name was going to be Eddie if her husband had his way but she herself came up with a pretty good name for him
19. This Redditor and her boyfriend are both rolling on the floor laughing while reading this post
20. Exactly says who?
This is it, folks, this was the story let us know what you think about it down below in the comments section, and make sure to like and share this article with your friends and family and stay tuned for more content like this with Defused. Thank You!