It takes just one act of kindness to turn someone’s whole life around.
You never know when you’re saving a life. Adopting an animal can drastically change two lives at once. It will alter your lifestyle as well as the furry creature’s. When an animal enters your life, you’re going to be surrounded by happiness. You’ll have another reason to live and wake up in the morning. It will make major changes in your life but that is nothing compared to the 180-degree turn that the animal’s life will take. From being neglected in a crowded shelter with minimum attention to getting cuddles 24/7 from your own human, everything changes for them.
If you feel lonely and think something is missing from your life, trust me, you need a cat. They will give you the best time of your life. You will have a new best friend who is going to stick with you through thick and thin for the rest of your life. When you’re down, they will purr and cuddle with you to lift your spirit, and they will also celebrate all the best moments of your life with you. So, what are you waiting for? Get out there and grab your furry feline friend today! And remember, adopt! Don’t shop.
Here are 26 adorable before and after photos of cats showing how adoption changed their lives:
1. Still a couch potato.
2. All grown up.
3. From scared to confident – such lifted spirits!
4. Too bad the sink didn’t grow with him.
5. Some things never change.
6. A rockstar!
7. Sibling love.
8. A happy ending.
9. They got used to being tucked into bed at night.
10. The most comfortable spot for this baby.
11. Together through thick and thin.
12. Trying to fit into the same bed.
13. Just hanging.
After my dog Courage was stolen from my front lawn, I was heartbroken. I just couldn’t bring myself to love anything so much ever again. I was spiralling into depression and I always felt lonely. A year later, I finally decided to adopt a 2-month-old kitten. It has been the best decision of my life so far. I named her Venus, and she sleeps with me every night. She’s always there when I’m upset and her cuddles work like therapy for me. If you don’t own a pet yet, you’re missing out on a lot. Take my word for it and go adopt one! You won’t regret it, that’s a promise.
14. Still pursuing his dream to become a photographer.
15. The laptop is still the warmest place to sit.
16. Always looking over your shoulder.
17. Pancake got in a very serious accident as a kitten. He is healthy and happy now!
18. Keep your childhood toys with you. You never know when they’ll come in handy.
19. Some objects just hold a special place in your heart.
20. Taking up a lot of space now.
21. Adorable back then, still adorable today!
22. Forever and always.
23. Walter, a year after being adopted.
24. Two weeks old and abandoned in a gutter. He is living his best life now!
25. It doesn’t always have to be a kitten. Adult cats deserve just as much love as kittens.
What did you think of these adorable kitties? Have you ever adopted a pet? How has the experience been for you? Did it change your life as much as the little baby’s? Let us know your stories in the comments below!