Exhaustedteen19, a frustrated teen on Reddit, went to the AITA subreddit to ask whether or not it was improper of her to request that her parents do the dishes. She is a 19-year-old college student with a hectic listing, according to her post.
She gets up around 4:45 AM on school days, Monday through Friday, and wouldn’t be home until 6:45 PM. Her parents want her to handle all the household tasks, such as cleaning the house, doing the laundry, and walking the dogs spite her demanding academic schedule. She cooks dinner four times each week.
exhaustedteen19 stated that she feels constantly tired when she gets home and desires could sleep but is unable to since her parents frequently criticize her for not doing the chores before bed. Weekends ought to have been a time for her to get decent rest, but they are commonly packed with social engagements that she must go to.
The worn-outteen19 has finally reached her breaking point because the situation has grown too demanding. Recently, her parents urged her to help with the dishes after she came from a long day at school.
But, according to exhaustedteen19, she ordered them to remove the mess if they didn’t like it. Her response didn’t wholly win her folks over.
When my parents finally get home, according to exhaustedteen19, everything they do is watch TV or use their laptops. She stated that she was paying her rent. The exhaustedteen19 was wondering if it was wrong for her to blow out at her parents, so she decided to post it in the AITA subreddit. The OP got a lot of responses.
Keep on scrolling down below and make sure you guys read it till the end, and you know the drill in the end you have to let us know who’s the A-hole here. Good Luck!
1. So here is how it starts, OP is as busy as a bee and whenever she comes home she is drained out but still her parents say to complete her home chores.
2. Here’s what the first commentator had to say NTA
3. “You are a family member, not a maid” OP is even paying for her rent to her parents.
4. Your children don’t owe you their servitude period, since she is paying her actual rent to her parents, they need to acknowledge that their daughter is not a robot. And they need to be empathetic toward her.
5. Just sincere advice from a user, OP should consider moving out. As she is even paying for the rent too.
6. OP needs new roommates
7. OP is being used as an overworked maid, there’s a whole lot of world out there you’ll fit in don’t worry. Move out and find somewhere to live but your parents
8. They should completely understand OP as she is a full-time student and whenever she comes home she is exhausted.
9. Point to be noted
10. If you don’t like the rules move out and make your own rules
11. I don’t think OP is an A-hole personally because even if she is living in her parent’s house, she is still paying for that which makes it even. Don’t you think so?
12. I don’t think it is a rational person who commented on this
13. By the way in both situations moving out is the best option
14. Toughen up seriously?
15. Exactly, as she is paying her rent to her parents she should start looking for some other place to live maybe on-campus or near campus.
16. Just move out OP
17. Even a hostel would be a lot better than living with her parents
19. Finding an apartment or moving out to shared places, are all better options than keeping on living with them.
According to most of the users above OP here is not an A-hole as she is still paying her rent and doing all the home chores. She needs to look for somewhere better to live where someone can understand and respect her priorities.
Let us know what you think about this post in the comment section below and don’t forget to like and share it with your friends and family. Stay tuned with Defused for more content. Thank You!