We all have our own hobbies and passions that make us happy and fulfilled. Some of us like to read books, some of us like to play games, and some of us like to take photos of our food and share them with the world. There is nothing wrong with that, as long as we don’t harm anyone or anything in the process. But what if your partner doesn’t respect your hobby and tries to ruin it for you?
A similar situation was faced by this one Reddit user, u/Unusual_Tooth_753, who has an Instagram account dedicated to food photography. She loves to take pictures of her food and post them on her account, where she has thousands of followers. But her boyfriend hates it and thinks it’s stupid and annoying. He always tries to mess up her food photos by stirring up his or her plate with his fork, making them look unappetizing and ugly. He does this even after she asks him nicely to let her take her photos.
She had enough of his childish behavior when they went out for dinner one night. She asked him to let her take pictures of their food, and he agreed reluctantly. But when the food arrived, he sabotaged both his and her dishes by stirring them up with his fork, making them unphotogenic. She was so angry that she refused to pay for his food, which was their agreement. He argued that she owed him one because he wouldn’t have ordered a cocktail if he knew that she was going to skip her turn.
She posted her story on the subreddit “Am I The A$$hole?“, asking if she was the a$$hole for doing this. Scroll down below to read the story!
1. Let’s find out.
2. OP has an Instagram account where she uploads pictures and short videos of food from local restaurants in her city.
3. It is a hobby that has resulted in OP building a nice friend circle around it.
4. OP’s boyfriend, though, doesn’t like this hobby of hers. He actually hates it so much that he would always either ruin the aesthetic of the plate or quickly take a big bite before she could take a picture.
5. Due to financial constraints, OP hadn’t been able to go out with her foodie girls. The only time OP would be able to go out is with her boyfriend on their infrequent dates.
6. In such circumstances, OP sat her boyfriend down and told him very politely to allow him to take pictures of their food plates before he started eating.
7. He did agree with what she said but it felt like a half-hearted confirmation.
8. And OP’s hunch was right. When the two went out on a date, as soon as the food arrived, OP’s boyfriend ruined his meal with a fork.
I know there is more left to the story yet, but I don’t think OP’s boyfriend will have any rationale to provide for what he did. I mean, come on. There was no need. She has a hobby, and if there is anyone in the world who should’ve supported it at first, it should’ve been her boyfriend. If he cannot support her in the simplest of tasks, the guy won’t be doing much for her when she shows genuine needs.
I would declare OP an AH for ruining his girlfriend’s mood by ruining the meals before she could take pictures of them.
Let’s see how OP reacted to this. Scroll down below to continue reading!
9. Not only that, but he also ruined OP’s meal as well.
10. Her boyfriend’s doing pissed her so much that OP refused to pay for his half.
11. OP didn’t like this decision as he countered by saying they had a contract that OP was breaching.
Here’s what the internet had to say about this:
12. A rock-solid advice.
13. That really was a shocker. He ordered extra food only because he knew he wasn’t paying. Wow!
14. The real issue, according to this person, is OP being with her boyfriend. The match is a terrible one.
15. Who knows for how long he has been going out of the way like he did in this story? OP needs to take some important decisions.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
Via Diana Gies
“On the train from Oslo to Stavanger, Norway. He knows I have snacks.”