The Redditor who shared today’s story is a chef. OP has an extremely expensive collection of knives that she keeps at home. Because her boyfriend doesn’t cook, she is the only one who uses them but just in case he ever has to cook, she has taught him all the knife etiquette and everything he must know not to do with the knives,
She would feed these guidelines about her knives in her boyfriend’s head on a very regular basis because she cared for her knives too much and didn’t want him to ruin them. However, even after all the effort, one day when OP returned home from work, she noticed her most expensive knife in the dishwasher…and it was also chipped from the top. OP took the knife out and took it to her boyfriend to ask why he put it in the dishwasher. He simply said he forgot and apologized.
OP wasn’t happy at all but she chose to say nothing and walked out of the room. Scroll down below to read the story!
1. Let’s find out!
2. OP is a chef who has a very expensive collection of knives at home.
3. OP has taught her husband proper knife etiquette in case he ever had to cook.
4. OP explained to him everything regarding what not to do with a knife especially to not put it in the dishwasher.
5. She would give her boyfriend these instructions so often that he would often pull pranks on her about ruining her knives.
6. One day OP got home from work, and this is not a prank, she saw her favorite and most expensive chef knife in the dishwasher.
7. When OP pulled the knife out, she also saw a chip in the tip. She took the knife to her boyfriend and asked why he did this to her knife.
8. He simply said he forgot and apologized.
9. OP walked away and later he started criticizing himself which made OP feel he did wrong by confronting him. So the matter was taken to the community of AITA.
NTA. You fed everything into his mind on multiple occasions to avoid exactly what happened. This is no way. Her husband was extremely irresponsible and damaged his wife’s expensive knife.
OP shouldn’t let it go like this. She should ask him to replace the knife so that he understands how much it would cost him to do such a thing as that again. This would be the only way to make him responsible.
Here’s what the AITA community had to say about this:
10. He did not apologize. He tried to escape the situation.
11. OP would have to come up with a way to make him realize what he did was wrong and will not be tolerated in the future.
12. Make him pay for a new one.
13. By what he said in the end, he was fully trying to manipulate OP. And because this story has been shared online, it feels like the tactic worked.
14. Unacceptable behavior.
15. Don’t let him turn this around on you. Make him know he is at fault.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“My kitten just had tuna for the fist time…”