The only way to be a good neighbor or to have good neighbors is to keep interacting with each other. Keep the social gates open and stay up-to-date with these other’s lives for a nice and cordial relationship. One neighbor by whom this story was shared is someone who likes keeping all his neighbors living on the same street gelled together. Reddit user u/starship456 shared that he often hosts potluck parties at his house to have a great time himself and to have his neighbors enjoy themselves as well. With the ambition to keep the neighborhood together, OP hosted a potluck/pool party at his house and invited all the neighbors living on the same street. Everyone brought food along with Pooja and Jim who had cooked delicious samosas and chicken tikka masala for everyone at the party.
Lindsey, one of the neighbors at the party, loved Pooja’s food and when she noticed there were her samosas on the menu, she along with her husband went to town on them. So much so that many people didn’t get the chance to have samosa. OP found this to be very rude but let it slide. When it was time for lunch, Lindsey again filled her plate up with the chicken tikka masala this time and just a few minutes later tried to grab the whole aluminum tray of the same to take home. OP thought this was enough and decided to confront Lindsey there and then for being a rude guest.
Scroll down below to enjoy!
1. Take home? And that too all of it?
2. OP hosted a potluck party and invited all the neighbors on the same street.
3. Pooja is too kind, if I am being honest here.
I am lowkey hungry after reading this menu card.
4. The best way to appreciate someone’s cooking is to go to town on the meal they make… but where do we draw the line when it comes to parties like the one at the center of this story?
5. OP didn’t like Lindsey and her husband filling their plates up with as many samosas as possible because many guests were unable to try even one samosa.
6. When it came to lunch, Lindsey filled her plate up again, this time with the delicious chicken tikka masala, and only 5 minutes later requested to take some of the same home as she and her husband had to leave.
7. As soon as OP agreed, Lindsey tried to grab an entire tray filled with the lunch.
8. OP stopped Lindsey by saying she could take the food once everyone had some for themselves.
Lindsey is a terrible neighbor. You cannot do that at a house party. Everyone was there to have the same food and surely everyone was anticipating Pooja’s meals. Sweeping on all the samosas and then trying to secure the whole chicken tikka masala is not acceptable and OP was never going to let it slide at his party.
Entitlement was really at its peak here.
9. Lindsey got angry and said she deserved the whole tray of chicken tikka masala as she brought a whole tray of muffins for the party.
10. OP’s wife tried to be polite and shared the same rationale as her husband but Lindsey kept turning it on them.
11. Pooja and Jim really are the nicest people on this planet.
12. OP was firm on the fact that Lindsey taking the whole tray would result in so many people not being able even to taste the lunch.
13. Pooja said OP should’ve refrained from his words and allowed Lindsey to take as much food as she wanted.
Here are some of the comments shared on the story:
14. Yes Pooja was kind but what Lindsey did was unacceptable.
15. Costco muffins vs Chicken tikka masala. There is no match.
16. She tried to take the easy way out.
17. Lindsey made it awkward, everyone was having a great time at the party until she decided to grab the entire tray full of Chicken tikka masala to take home.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“Sister Meworice, mother superior of the order of Eternal Indifference sends you blessings on this gloomy day.”