Reddit user u/Ok-Hat5039 shared that after getting her own apartment, she realized that her balcony literally touched the balcony of her neighbors. This became a major problem for OP as every time she would go to her balcony to relax for a bit, the neighbors would almost always be there, on their own balcony. They would instantly initiate a conversation with her and this would keep happening. OP just wouldn’t get me time on her own balcony, she felt her privacy was being invaded and there were a few things that the neighbors did, that you will read in the story, that really annoyed her.
So OP decided to buy a divider and install it on the area that connected the two balconies. As the name suggests, the divider separated the two balconies as if there was a wall between them. This allowed OP to maintain her privacy and finally enjoy some me-time on her own balcony every evening. This obviously was not liked by the neighbors who began being rude to OP every time they would see her.
Their rude behavior made OP share the story on the infamous subreddit “Am I The A$$hole?” to know if putting a divider on her balcony was the wrong thing to do or not. Scroll down below to read the story!
1. Let’s find out what made OP do this.
2. Ever since OP moved into her newly-bought apartment, she has been facing a major issue.
3. The thing is, OP’s big balcony is literally attached, there is a very small gap, to her neighbor’s big balcony. What he does or what they do can easily be seen and heard by both parties.
4. At first OP didn’t give much attention to this situation but then it began bothering her a lot.
5. The main issue is her neighbors are always on their big balcony.
6. Every time OP goes to her balcony to spend a minute in peace, they always come on their balcony and engage OP in conversation.
7. This would happen every time OP would go to her balcony. They would start sharing stories about their life and whatnot which would annoy OP.
8. One time OP’s friends were gathered at her apartment and her neighbors complained about why weren’t they invited…that too through the balcony.
9. So to resolve the issue, OP decided to get a divider.
I really support this idea. They continuously kept their noses poked in OP’s life, and would never let her chill on her balcony. The divider would bring her peace and keep the annoying neighbors away from her. I don’t think anyone should have a problem with this but I am sure the neighbors wouldn’t like this decision by OP. Who cares about them anyway…OP, you are NTA.
Let’s see how the neighbors reacted to the divider. Scroll down below to continue reading!
10. OP installed the divider as soon as it arrived. It acted like a wall between the two balconies.
11. Ever since OP put the divider on, the neighbors began complaining about it and even associated rude terms with her.
Here’s what the AITA community had to say about this:
12. Privacy is your right OP.
13. They were being way too nosy. It is OP’s balcony, she can do whatever she wants with it…installing the divider does not make her an AH.
14. And the boundary OP set was very reasonable.
15. This person also said OP was right but suggested she should’ve tried talking to the neighbors first, maybe that may have cleared the issue altogether.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“Will he stay like this forever?”