Fences are supposed to make good neighbours, but sometimes they can also make enemies. That’s what happened to reddit user u/ThrowRAUruker who posted their story online to ask if building a fence around his own property made him an a$$hole or not. OP is the owner of a large house with a huge property surrounding it. In order to minimize the distance to the main road, he built a mini road on his property as a shortcut route. His neighbors also began using that road and OP was fine with it until they started going overboard and began using the road for parties and even as a parking spot.
OP decided to build a stone fence around his entire property to prevent hid neighbours from using his private road and field as a shortcut and a parking area.
OP had multiple talks with his neighbours, but some of them were rude and disrespectful, so he decided to take matters into their own hands and block them from accessing his property.
Scroll down below to read the story.
1. Let’s jump in and find out.
2. When OP bought his property years ago, there was barely any house near his residence but with time the villages around his house expanded and developed, and there are many houses near his house.
3. This development didn’t bother OP regarding rush because he knew this was going to happen one day, and his house was big enough for him to not worry about other houses being nearby.
4. When OP moved in, he created sort of a shortcut road with dirt and gravel to access the main road in minimum possible time instead of using the actual path that would take a longer time. Smart.
5. When the neighborhood started developing. OP noticed most of the new people began using his little road that he made for himself. OP was fine with it at first.
6. However, slowly everyone around began using that road way too much, even as a parking spot at times. This was not liked by OP.
I think now they are being a bit too much.OP had to issue with them using that mini road as a road to commute. But when they started using it as a parking spot, or when literal traffic jams began happening on that road, surely he had enough.
OP must do something about it. It is his road on his property. Let’s see what happens next. Scroll down below to continue reading!
7. OP decided to teach those guys a lesson by having their cars towed. Every person who had used that road as a parking spot began cursing OP. In response, OP built a large fence around his entire property.
8. When everyone realized what had happened, all the passive and aggressive neighbors came up to OP and wanted him to remove fence.
9. OP simply refused and had them all take the long detour to access the main road from that day onwards.
Here’s what the internet had to say about this:
10. As simple as that.
11. It was road built for convenience but people began relaxing their cars on it. Not acceptable.
12. They could have made it worse for OP if an accident ever took place on that mini road.
13. Just be careful about it, OP.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“Spotted this fantastic boi in the shop window on my way home yesterday, had to photograph him.”