Reddit user u/A-Wise-Cobbler shared a beautiful story about how he proved his worth to his boss by not actually proving it directly to him. Yup! OP shared that after receiving two promotions and working extremely hard at a multinational construction company, he should his interest in being promoted to the position of senior business analyst. He had once been denied this promotion in the past but it didn’t upset him because the person who got the position was on merit and fully deserved it.
But when OP tried again and gained more success in the organization, he got denied that promotion again, this time, with the director demanding he proves himself for it.
OP maliciously complied with those words and found a new job. He proved his worth to them and they offered him a pay that was $22,000 more than what the construction company was paying, and they also gave a much better bonus. The construction company did realize OP’s worth then…but it was too late.
Scroll down below to read how it all went down!
1. This employee proved himself with a hint of maliciousness.
2. OP used to work for a huge construction company.
3. OP loved his experience at that company. It was a great learning opportunity.
4. An opportunity came to get promoted to the position of a senior business analyst but he got denied. He was completely fine with it as the candidate who got the position fully deserved it.
5. After gaining more success OP requested to be organically promoted to the position of senior business analyst, a position he had previously been denied.
6. But when this request was conveyed to the director, he refused by saying OP hasn’t yet proved himself for that position.
7. OP had nothing against the director of the company but the rationale behind being denied the promotion seemed irrelevant and unfair to him.
8. He would’ve been okay had the reason been solid but it wasn’t.
9. So OP started looking for new jobs and within a few months, he finally got an offer.
10. That is a really good deal!
Firstly, I just want to know one thing. Didn’t the director know OP had already gotten two promotions? Was that not enough proof of his worth? Well now OP has proven his worth to another company that is ready to pay him $22,000 more money. Too bad, the director of the construction company OP probably is going to leave now in the remainder of this story lost a rare gem.
Let’s see what happened next. Scroll down below to continue reading!
11. OP proved his worth. Not to his director though, to this new company that realized it and offered him a better package.
12. The manager made an effort to try and retain OP.
13. But the new offer was too good to deny.
14. The denial resulted in a new path opening for OP and he was happy it happened.
Here are some of the comments shared on the story:
15. It was a push OP didn’t know he needed.
16. I am going to use this quote when needed. So good.
17. Could work for some people because there are a few who have a thing about loyalty.
18. That is how you do it. Ultimately, you are working for yourself, to improve the quality of your own life.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“We made ourselves a cat door.”