In this story, OP has suffered severe facial injuries, resulting in prominent scarring that’s still in the process of healing. The scar spans from above her hairline, over her brow, down to her cheek, and continues to her jawline. Despite the encouraging words of friends who find the scars cool and attractive, OP still battles feelings of self-consciousness when people see her differently.
Following her dermatologist’s advice, OP is using topical cream and Vaseline to aid the healing process, rather than attempting to conceal the scar. OP boards a flight to their hometown for a pre-planned family event.
While sleeping in the window seat, OP is awoken by a young child, around 4 years old, throwing a tantrum beside them. The child’s father intervenes and asks OP to cover their healing scar, expressing concern that it’s frightening his child. Politely, the person explains that they are following medical recommendations and choose not to cover the scar.
The father persists, considering the scar disturbing for his child. This triggers a strong response from the OP, who calmly asserts their right to not cover their scar. OP tells him that this is the face, the only one she has, and expresses the hurt caused by such judgments.
After this, the father seeks a seat change and moves to a different location on the plane with his family. This leaves OP with a feeling of mixed emotions, especially negative ones. After this, she puts her glasses on and cries for a few minutes. Now she is wondering if she’s an A-hole for not covering her scar.
1. OP sustained severe injuries to her face this month, she’s in the stage of healing and the scars are quite prominent and she will have this facial scarring for the rest of her life.
2. OP’s friends are super reassuring and they keep assuring her that it is lit and it looks sexy.
3. OP feels bothered when people look at her differently
4. This week OP had to fly home for a family thing she had made this plan long before her injury
5. OP also met her dermatologist who advised that OP shouldn’t be dressing the wound as the skin was healing instead she should apply topical cream to keep the site clean and moist
6. Applying cream made the scar a bit prominent as it made it look slick and shiny
7. So OP got on the flight and she was traveling on the window seat she put her headphones on and decided to go to sleep
8. OP woke up to this kid who was throwing tantrums at her, OP couldn’t understand what he was yelling about
9. The father of that kid asked OP to cover her injuries as it was scaring his little one which she couldn’t because the scar was healing, she told him that she can not do so and he started snapping at OP
10. OP confronted that man saying it’s the only face I have and maybe you should teach some compassion and respect to your little one
11. After that he got up and changed his seat but this scenario had gotten on the nerves of OP and it bothered her, now OP wants to ask if she’s an A-hole for not covering her scars.
12. OP is absolutely NTA
13. People are cheering OP for standing up for herself
14. This could have made them switch the seat ASAP
15. While there are some users who are discussing how cool her scar would look resembling her of the famous character Witcher
16. The father should have taught the kid how to react when someone has met an accident and has scarring, he actually should have taught him to show respect and gratitude towards someone like OP.
Let us know your thoughts about this in the comment section below and don’t forget to like and share it with your friends and family. Stay tuned with Defused for more content. Thank You!