In this story, a couple married in 2006, and their child was born a few months later. However, their relationship began to collapse, leading to a separation in late 2012 and a finalized divorce in early 2013. OP, who was around six years old when the divorce occurred, struggled with severe emotional distress. OP exhibited signs of anxiety, homesickness, and withdrawal, and mistakenly believed she was the cause of her parents’ separation. As the years passed, her parents entered new relationships. Her father remarried in 2016 and had two children with his new wife, while her mother began dating her stepfather during the same year. Throughout this time, the child gradually adjusted to the changes in her family, although lingering confusion and unresolved emotions remained.
The crucial moment in this story occurred when OP who is now a teenager, discovered the true reason for her parents’ divorce. It was revealed that her father had been unfaithful to her mother and had engaged in a relationship with another woman during their marriage which she didn’t know before. This revelation caused a heated confrontation between OP and her father and she yelled at him.
Now OP wants to know whether she’s an a-hole for yelling at him or not. So keep on scrolling down below to dive deeper into this story so you can tell whether she’s an a-hole or not.
1. OP’s parents are divorced they got married in 2006 and they split up in late 2012 and in early 2013 they finalized a divorce
2. OP’s parent slip negatively affected OP a lot she got homesick, anxious, and upset. She even thought that she was the reason they split. When her parents got new partners she got a little tense but after a while eventually, she got used to it.
3. OP never knew the reason why they got divorced until a week ago
4. The reason for the divorce was her father’s unfaithfulness to her mom, OP’s dad, and some 18 19-year-old girl had an affair. The father tried to introduce her to OP saying she is your new mom but OP was cold toward her. Moreover, they broke it off in 2014.
5. When OP found out the reason for the divorce she snapped at her father and yelled at him saying that he had broken up our family for a girl he barely knew
6. OP’s dad argued back stating that it was none of her business and OP’s uncle defended her and he thought she knew the reason for the divorce
7. Now OP wants to know if she’s an A-hole for yelling at her dad after finding out why her parents got divorced
9. This user thinks that it was OP’s business as they were a family and it was her place to yell at him
10. This user says OP is NTA and she would have blown up too if she had been in the same place
11. I think this had nothing to do with her mother she was just trying to protect OP’s feelings
12. Almost everyone says OP is NTA and by the way one day the truth was bound to come out
13. It is actually a good piece of advice
14. Exactly, there’s no justification for what he did. He destroyed the whole family knowing the consequences of his actions.
15. OP’s dad had this coming for sure one day or another
16. OP’s mum is NTA but her dad is an a-hole
17. When cheaters cheat they should expect anger!
Let us know your thoughts about this in the comment section below and don’t forget to like and share it with your friends and family. Stay tuned with Defused for more content. Thank You!