This story revolves around a family conflict within a blended family. Henry, who had multiple marriages and children from previous relationships, had a strained relationship with his youngest child, Vivienne, whom he ended up with full custody of after his ex-wife chose to focus on her older children. Henry’s attempts to involve the OP’s family in caring for Vivienne raised tensions, particularly with the OP, who felt that Henry was trying to offload his parental responsibilities onto them.
OP’s refusal to accept a sibling role for Vivienne stemmed from a perception that Henry was primarily motivated by guilt and a desire for others to share the responsibility for raising her. The conflict escalated when Henry expressed concerns about Vivienne realizing she was a “mistake.” This highlights the emotional toll that can arise when individuals grapple with the complexities of blended families, including the challenges of acceptance and the importance of genuine care and commitment in nurturing family bonds.
Keep on scrolling down below and make sure to read it till the end. Otherwise, you won’t be able to let us know whether OP is an A-hole or not.
1. OP’s mom got married to Henry and she has been a widow for 4 years Henry had kids from both of his previous marriages
2. OP said that Henry’s ex-wife was not in Vivienne’s life then and now, Vivienne was a surprise baby and none of their kids wanted Vivienne to be their sister.
3. OP thinks that he regretted having Vivienne and he married OP’s mom to push her off her
4. OP said that he often tries to pawn Vivienne off on him but OP never let that happen
5. They got separated after a while and Henry asked OP’s mom if she wanted to keep Vivienne and she said no
6. Henry told OP that she is aware that she has siblings who don’t want her but OP could be different
7. OP snapped at him and told him to focus on his kid and stop trying to pawn her off
8. Now OP wants to know whether she’s an A-hole or not
9. Exactly, it makes me sad that nobody wants that poor girl and once she grows up and realizes that nobody wanted her would be a trauma for her.
11. Henry is such a careless parent
12. Exactly, that poor girl has been through a lot. And his dad needs to do something for her rather than abandoning her like everyone else.
13. Adoption can be a good choice for her at least there would be someone willing to take care of her
14. He needs to step up!
15. OP’s mom’s husband is definitely an A-hole
16. It really is beyond cruel we hope she finds herself a home and somebody to take care of her
17. It’s solely his responsibility to take care of that little kid not anyone else