I am sure you guys are very well aware of Karens. They are human beings who are rotting our society at an alarmingly high rate. These people believe they are always right, that whatever they do is correct, and that entire humanity is beneath them. The reality, however, is entirely opposite but they don’t have the brain cells to understand any of that. They live in their own big bubble of ego, and that is how they like spending their lives.
Countless events take place in these Karens’ lives that put them in their rightful places but they never learn the lesson. The very next day they would wake up like the previous day did not exist and would continue on their mission of infuriating people and being their stubborn, mean, and rude selves.
In today’s story, you guessed it, we have a Karen being her true Karen self who got put in her place. Reddit user PraveenShankar007 is mute, deaf, and partially blind in one of his eyes. One day he had to go to the supermarket alone because his sister was out of town. There he got mistaken for an employee by an angry Karen who felt he was ignoring her when in reality he just couldn’t hear her shouting at him. Anger of Karen resulted in her slapping and pushing OP. OP tried his best to explain to her that he is deaf and mute but she just wouldn’t believe that.
Ultimately the police got called a store employee helped OP and cooperated with him. Karen tried running off as soon as she heard they were going to call the police but the security caught her. The police arrived, OP pressed charges, and the egoistical Karen got arrested.
Scroll down below to read the story!
1. I am so not surprised.
2. OP is deaf and mute and his sister had been taking care of him since their parents died.
3. Without having his sister accompany him as she was on her honeymoon, OP went to the supermarket himself.
4. OP was wearing a red shirt that looked somewhat similar to the uniform of the employees.
He also helped an old man grab some DVDs too. OP seems nice.
5. An angry Karen approached OP who slapped him and kept shouting at him for ignoring her but OP was deaf so he couldn’t understand what she was saying.
6. OP tried using signs to let her know he is deaf but that didn’t work. He tried writing it down for her but OP slapped him and pushed him to the ground.
7. A store employee noticed OP on the ground and helped him up. Before OP could tell the employee about the situation, Karen started yelling again.
8. OP finally managed to communicate to the store employee about his disabilities as soon as Karen finished yelling. The employee told Karen about this but she just refused to believe it.
9. Of course she tries to run away when she hears the police are about to get involved. Not so fast.
This is typical Karen behavior. They try to look the toughest and support their own wrong argument for as long as possible. And as soon as they realize matters are about to turn against them, they try to run away as little criminals do after robbing a shop. Sorry woman, but you are not going anymore.
I am glad that the store is cooperative and they agreed for once to call the police when OP asked them to do so. People like this Karen need to be taught it is not okay to manhandle people just because they think it is okay to do so. Everyone has rights and no one can exploit them.
Scroll down below to read what happened next.
10. The police arrived and began their investigation.
11. OP pressed charges and Karen was arrested there and then.
12. The manager then explained to OP that Karen mistook him for an employee and slapped him because she felt he was ignoring her.
13. OP got a discount voucher from the manager and also informed about the matter to his sister who was a lawyer.
This is not good for Karen.
14. OP’s sister decided to lead the case and make sure Karen gets the maximum possible jail time for what she did to her brother.
15. You bet your bum the sister will put that Karen in her rightful place.
Here are some of the comments shared on the story:
16. I loved that OP didn’t hesitate for once and said yes when the police officer asked if he wanted to press charges.
17. Whether OP was an employee or not, such behavior is not acceptable anywhere.
18. I am sure Karen won’t ever put her hands on another person without permission after what happened.
19. In what book does it say it is okay to slap an employee?
20. Karens normally don’t learn lessons, it is not in their chipset…but we can always hope.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
Via Nikkie DeFranco
“While I was recovering from having my neck fused. Freya would gently lay across my neck and purr. Almost like she was protecting my neck. At night if I moaned in pain she would come over and gently biscuit the back of my neck as if she was massaging me. That was 3 years ago, and to this day she still protects my neck.”
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings