Reddit user u/childgonenuclear was born as a result of her mother cheating on her husband, it was an extra-marital affair. When the husband got to know about this, the couple mutually decided to not take a divorce and gave OP to her grandparents from the mother’s side. Everyone got told that OP was adopted by her grandparents and her biological father was also secretly paying her child support.
OP knew much about her birth mother and her side of the family but did not know too much about her Dad so she approached him. That is when she got the news that her parents do not want to own her anymore and that she would have to move on with her life.
This burned a fire in OP who instead of moving on decided to ruin the marriages of her parents by sharing the truth with her father’s wife and with the siblings on the mother’s side.
Scroll down below to read how it all went down!
1. This is going to be a big one.
2. When OP’s birth mother got pregnant, the husband was overseas which confirmed he was not the father.
3. The couple decided to keep their relationship going and gave OP to her grandparents from the mother’s side. Their birth father also provided child support…but in secrecy.
4. An impression was created that OP has been adopted by the grandparents.
5. OP, out of curiosity wanted to know more about her Dad and managed to get a Skype call arranged with him and the birth mother in it.
6. OP was told their parents couldn’t stay in contact with them anymore and that they will have to move on.
7. However, OP decided to ruin it for the parents by telling everything to her dad’s wife and sharing the news with her siblings as well who then spread it all around the mother’s side of the family.
8. Although it made OP feel really good at the moment, once the satisfaction wore off, she felt a bit uncertain about her decision. So she took the matter to the courts of AITA community members.
This is a tough one. Here is how I approach this. OP was NTA for wanting to know more about her Dad, this was very natural and every kid deserves to know their parents. But then she got hit with the worst possible news of her life which made her parents the biggest AHs. But then the way OP ruined the marriages is also something I do not support because that was probably done something out of hatred and impulse. So I would say OP was an AH for doing that.
Here is what the AITA community members had to say and why:
9. Suddenly breaking all ties with OP over a Skype call was really not a good strategy or the only option they had.
10. Fits perfectly.
11. It is fine to know about your father. I don’t know what wrong did they find with this.
12. Needle in a haystack. Some people declared OP an AH along with her parents for intentionally ruining their relationship.
13. The contact made with the father’s wife was only to break their bond. This makes OP an AH along with her parents who already are AHs for disowning her.
14. The biological parents did not own up to their responsibility.
15. OP was just seeking the truth, this was never supposed to happen.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“Therapy dogs waiting to welcome the Parkland kids back to school for the first time today.”