Should a husband prioritize his friend over his wife?
A lot changes after marriage. You now have to spend the rest of your life with a partner. Everything you do is together, with each other, together as one. You go through all the thick and thin by the other’s shoulder. And this is why a husband refers to the wife as their other half and vice versa. One important thing you have to do after getting married is editing that priority list of yours. As an unmarried person, you may have your three best friends right on top mixed up with your parents. What I am trying to say is that the top 5 always contain friends. When an unmarried man becomes a husband and has a brilliant wife who truly loves her, that husband must know that the friends will have to be downgraded and the wife must always come before friends. That’s the general rule, if you are putting your friends above your companion you are not doing it right.
In today’s story, something similar happened. A husband, his friend, and the wife decided to go on a trip together as a trio. The wife didn’t have a problem with that until the husband booked all their tickets. For some reason, he decided to book first-class tickets for himself and his best buddy and purchased an economy seat for his wife.
Scroll down below to read how the wife protested after getting to know about this and how the matters proceeded.
1. Relation between husband and wife loosened thanks to a third party.
2. Husband always used to go on trips with his best friend and would never take his wife anywhere.
3. Shouldn’t it be the other way? The couple planning a trip and inviting a friend over?
4. Stay-at-home moms have a 50% right on their husbands’ income. Besides, you’re his wife. He is supposed to take care of your expenses.
5. Now this is just absurd and extremely disrespectful to the wife. While the husband CAN pay for his friend’s expensive ticket, why can’t he do it for his wife?
6. This just goes on to where this husband’s true priorities lie and how he married a woman just to ruin her life and nothing more.
He has no idea how to respect a wife and he will suffer because of this.
7. That’s exactly what you were supposed to do. Decline the trip because he does not deserve your presence.
8. It was that disgusting best friend feeding the husband’s eats all along making his own wife a “no one” before his eyes.
9. OP cut all connections because they definitely didn’t deserve her valuable time.
10. A wife should not settle for an economy seat when her husband is traveling in first-class, in the same airplane, with his friend.
Marriage is supposed to be the strongest bond there is to exist and it really shouldn’t have been damaged this easily. But the thing about such bonds is that they are resting on a very thin thread. It’s that thread that someone meddles with that ultimately impacts the relationship sitting on it. To be very honest had OP not declined that trip she would’ve basically sacrificed her self-respect forever there and then. Husbands are not supposed to be manipulated about wives by their friends. By booking his wife an economy when he himself purchased a first-class ticket for his friend from his own money just goes on to show where this husband’s priorities lie. Such men marry just to destroy the women’s lives, there is literally no other purpose. I declare OP NTA and she should really start thinking about options like having a separation because her time is not worth this foul man.
Here’s what the internet had to say after reading through the matter:
11. He was basically checking a box by taking OP on the trip.
12. Well then why did he agree to bring her? OP asked, he could’ve just rejected there and then.
It’s the inequality that saddened OP the most.
13. Exactly what I said, OP had just as much right on those finances as her husband did.
14. OP bought her own ticket.
15. He is toxic and wants the couple to separate. There, I said it.
16. Clearly the husband’s top priority is the best friend and the wife is nowhere near that guy on the list.
17. Straight to the point. A clear way to go forward.
What do you guys think? Was the husband’s attitude towards his wife right or wrong? Share your votes and thoughts in the comments section down below.
I really hope you guys enjoyed the story. Stay tuned for more!