When both parents live together with their children, the family is stable, however, when one or both parents do not live together, the family is shattered. How well the family functions affects how emotionally stable the child is.
Children from broken families frequently have trouble adjusting. They have to go through drastic changes in their lives. Living with both parents is a blessing and moreover, who does not live with both parents knows how difficult it is to deal with such situations.
Well, the story starts here OP and his wife each have one daughter from a previous marriage. All of the children, especially the OP’s daughter, have had difficulty adjusting since they have been married for six months.
The trouble began when they all went on their first vacation together. The OP and his wife were in the master bedroom, his daughter and stepdaughter were in the room with the two twin beds, and his sons were in the room with the double bed. But the OP’s daughter insisted on having the room to herself.
Now OP wants to know if he’s an A-hole for thinking his stepdaughter would have been fine on the couch for a couple of days. So keep on scrolling down below and make sure to read it till the end.
1. Here goes the title of this post
2. OP has three kids from his previous marriage and her current wife has one daughter who is 12 years old, they have been married for 6 months. The kids have had trouble adjusting to the family. OP along with his family went on vacation
3. Here OP talks about sleeping positions where they were residing but unfortunately OP’s stepdaughter and OP’s daughter had a fight and had trouble getting along so his stepdaughter slept in OP’s sister-in-law’s room
4. OP’s wife started yelling at OP for kicking his stepdaughter out of the room and OP’s wife said that his daughter should have had to leave if she had the problem
5. Now OP thinks they might be planning on leaving as his wife has started doing random odd jobs for cash and also his sister-in-law has started taking extra babysitting jobs, now OP wants to know whether he’s an A-hole for thinking her stepdaughter would have been fine sleeping on the couch.
6. This user thinks OP is an A-hole and they also think that his daughter would not have to share the room with his stepdaughter because they will be gone
7. This user has got a solid point, her daughter could have been the one to sleep on the couch if she was having that much of a problem.
9. The thing that saddens me is that that poor girl has been sleeping on the couch for years, at least OP should have acknowledged it.
10. At least OP should see or realize that he’s at fault here
11. This Redditor mentioned a list that why he thinks he’s an A-hole
12. Literally everyone is saying OP is an A-hole and there are a number of reasons for it
13. What else do you call it other than favoritism? OP should have made a decision without favoring her daughter.
14. This is exactly gonna be a major reason for OP’s wife to leave
Let us know what you think about this post in the comment section below and don’t forget to like and share it with your friends and family. Stay tuned with Defsued for more content. Thank You!