In this post, a 34-year-old man expresses his frustration and disagreement with his wife’s desire for a baby shower for their second child. He explains that his wife and her family enjoy throwing parties and gatherings for various occasions, including minor holidays and promotions, which he finds excessive and financially wasteful. The situation escalated when his mother-in-law offered to organize a baby shower for his wife without his consent, even creating an Amazon wishlist for the event. Frustrated and feeling that a baby shower was unnecessary and a waste of time and money, the husband voiced his objections, making it clear that he would not be hosting a baby shower. His mother-in-law was taken aback, and his sister-in-law misinterpreted his stance as not caring enough about his wife.
The husband is seeking feedback from the Reddit community on whether he’s an A-hole, as he values financial prudence and finds throwing a baby shower an unnecessary expense and inconvenience given their previous experience with their first child. So keep scrolling down below to read the whole story narrated by OP and make sure to read it till the end.
1. OP’s wife is pregnant with their second child and her family is a big celebration they love to have parties and gatherings for every little thing but OP thinks it’s a little excessive at times
2. OP says he’s a careful guy when it comes to money and hosting parties
3. OP’s wife’s sister threw a baby shower for a mutual friend of hers and OP’s wife liked the idea of the gifts and attention, with their first baby the idea got floated due to work and scheduling.
4. This time OP’s mother-in-law wanted OP to throw her wife a baby shower as a surprise but OP didn’t want it so he ignored
5. OP’s mother-in-law called him and told him about the Amazon wishlist as soon as OP heard this he wanted to shut this down
6. OP told her that he would not be throwing a baby shower moreover, he told he disliked the idea of spending money on decoration.
7. OP told her that she was welcome to do whatever she wanted but he won’t be involved and other things demanded his attention
8. OP saw her sister passing through so she asked if OP didn’t care enough to throw her wife a baby shower OP replied it was a total misrepresentation of what he said
9. Now OP wants to know whether he’s an A-hole or not, let’s see what users have to say.
10. This user said to OP that her wife is worth celebrating and his unborn child is worth celebrating hence YTA
11. This user said she didn’t get one the first time now she is entitled to be celebrated this time
12. Mother’s Day is not a minor day it needs to be celebrated and we all hope OP’s wife gets the baby shower this time
13. What do you think about this?
14. Exactly, it’s not going to take a whole year it’s only a deal about a couple of hours. And if it makes her wife happy OP should definitely do it.
15. She deserves it!
17. That’s a solid point here made by this user!
Let us know your thoughts about this in the comment section below. I guess now we know who’s the A-hole here. Don’t forget to like and share it with your friends and family. Stay tuned with Defused for more content. Thank You!