Family dramas can be very serious, they can ruin relationships and are very troublesome and tough to manage. Well, what is not challenging, they always come with everything. However, the most significant factor that sparks family dramas is entitlement.
Reddit user u/In-law-issues shared that he purchased a house in PA as a second house so they could, along with the family, visit their son who was studying in that state. A few years later OP’s son fell in love with a girl there and the two decided to get engaged. OP’s fiance moved into his house with him. In order to know the future in-laws better, OP set up a BBQ at the PA house and invited them all to the house. That is when the fiance and her side of the family told OP’s wife and their daughter that OP and his side of the family are not invited to the wedding as the standards of the two parties do not meet.
OP did not like this but what made the situation even worse was the moving in of the future in-laws into the PA house. They assumed the house was owned by the son. OP went to the PA house and informed them all the truth about the house and told them to leave the house as he put the house on sale.
Scroll down below to read how it all went down!
1. This is going to be a good one!
2. It is nice that the family is staying close.
3. The house in PA became their second home for their son to visit and for them to visit him and stay there.
4. A couple of years later, OP’s son fell in love with a girl. She soon moved into the PA house with OP as they announced their engagement after the approval from his and her parents.
5. OP’s parents held a BBQ at the PA house to get to know OP’s fiance’s family.
6. The fiance goes into the house with OP’s wife and daughter and just a few minutes later the wife and daughter come out not looking in a good mood.
7. OP’s wife insists they immediately return back to NJ. It was found out that their son and his in-laws didn’t want OP’s side of the family at the wedding.
8. The in-laws did not consider the son’s side of the family up to their standards and the son also approved this argument. This made OP angry.
9. After calming himself down which took a week, OP returned back to the PA house only to notice the future in-laws along with his son’s fiance chilling at the house.
10. That whole family had moved into the PA house.
11. As they tell OP to leave their house, OP got mad and told them to leave within 30 days and proceeded to list the house for sale.
It is actually so hilarious that they all assumed the house belonged to OP’s son and the son had no idea about it either. He was under the impression that his father had gifted him the house. No, brother. Not in the era. You have to earn your own bread.
I am so happy with the decision that OP took by telling them to leave and putting the house on sale. That will tell them. And I would suggest OP and his family break all links with the in-laws because the standards that OP’s family couldn’t meet are very low, which is why they couldn’t meet them.
Let’s see what happened next. Scroll down below to continue reading!
12. So this is what it is. The in-laws are under the impression that OP’s son owns the PA house.
13. OP’s son called him from work to ask why he was selling “his” house. OP cleared it to him that it was never his house, and that he must empty it in the next 30 days.
14. OP asked the AITA community members if telling his son and his in-laws to leave the house was the right thing to do or not.
Here’s what the AITA community members had to say about this:
15. Even if it was OP’s house, it feels so weird that they all moved into their future son-in-law’s house.
16. It was hilarious to read the part when OP broke the news to his son that he did not own the house.
17. So du*b of him to actually think that.
18. I would say they could break all links with that family and if OP wants to stay with them, so be it.
19. If only we knew.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“A month ago Dustry found half a pie in this bush, so every day until the end of time we must closely inspect the Magic Pie Bush.”