Reddit user u/ItsAHabitOfMine once incurred an injury that took away her ability to speak. Ever since that, she has been communicating either by writing or through sign language. She has a very supportive husband who helps her a lot of does not make her feel for once that she is disabled in any way. One day, OP and her husband were at a restaurant. Her husband ordered food for both of them to make it quick. This was not liked by a mother and her kid standing next to them.
The entitled mother approached OP and her husband and asked the husband why didn’t he let his wife order her own food. But before he could do or say anything, she kept on ramming him about being barbaric. The entitled mother’s son even asked if OP couldn’t speak…that was going to be it…but his mother interrupted again telling OP’s husband to just stop with his behavior.
OP simply told her no and that he would happily continue to order for his wife. She didn’t want to listen to the real reason why so he didn’t feel the need to tell her. Scroll down below to read how it all went down!
1. The cloud of entitlement is making people go all sorts of crazy.
2. Due to an unfortunate injury, OP is now nonverbal and can only communicate by writing or through sign language.
3. The cast members!
4. OP loves eating at restaurants and mostly her husband orders her food for her to keep the process smooth and quick as her inability to speak makes it difficult for waiters to understand her.
5. While the couple was getting their food, a kid was keenly watching OP and her husband. Once they finished ordering, the kid began speaking something to his mother.
6. PK basically complained to his mother that OP didn’t order her own food, her husband did it for her…and she couldn’t believe it.
7. So EM and PK decide to investigate…basically poking their nose into a business that didn’t concern them.
8. The entitled mother begins talking to OP’s husband asking if he does “that” often referring to him ordering for OP instead of her doing it herself.
9. She asked DH to stop doing it.
10. PK’s interruption was about to settle the story but EM kept going on asking OP’s husband to stop with his barbarian behavior. DH politely tells her to leave.
11. The entitled mother leaves with her son. The couple get their food and sign to each other, confused, about what just happened.
Ever witnessed a scenario where the sun is out and suddenly it gets covered with clouds, two minutes later it starts raining heavily for about five minutes, then the rain stops, and about 3 minutes later the clouds vanish and the sun comes out again. That is exactly what just happened. The entitled mother came in and went out just like that. What was the purpose of all this? She was in no mood to listen and there was no point in investigating the matter. She just wanted to make DH feel bad about ordering food for his wife. He wanted to make him feel like he was treating OP like a slave. Well, she fully failed at that.
Is this the end of her? Let’s find out. Scroll down below to continue reading.
12. While the couple is signing to each other still discussing the crazy woman, she returned and asked them what they were doing.
Lady, what is your issue? Why do you care what they are doing?
13. Gang signs? And how did her kid suddenly get involved in all this? What is this woman on?
14. She wanted the couple to talk like normal people. That was the last from her as she went away from her and kept shielding her son from their “gang” signs as the couple communicated.
15. Didn’t know using sign language to communicate with a nonverbal person encouraged that culture.
Here’s what the internet had to say about this:
16. Every entitled Karen ever!
17. Make a list and begin your journey.
18. If only she knew how to do that.
19. Share good recommendations if you find any.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“Cat Still Life”