Reddit user u/thisisdrivingmebatty is a Latina-American woman who went to Korea to pursue her education. Her major was in Korean Interpretation and Translation so it is safe to say she knows the language very well. She shared she got a lot of chances to enjoy music shows in Korea and loved them. One thing she did not like was the thinking of Korean fans, they hated the international fans for some reason.
While OP was waiting in queue to attend a KPOP music show, she had a Korean girl sitting behind her on her phone talking sh*t about international fans. She also dissed OP for probably not knowing Korean. This was a wrong assumption as OP was very fluent in it. Because the Korean girl was intentionally being loud, OP heard the conversation and decided to take petty revenge in a way you could never think of.
The rest is for you guys to read and enjoy. Scroll down below to read how OP dealt with a Korean fan girl who assumed she didn’t know the Korean language. You are going to love this one.
1. False assumptions…yet again…
2. OP is a Latina American in Kora for study purposes. The subject she is doing her degree in tells that she knows Korean very well.
3. During her time in Korea, OP managed to enjoy a of music shows. All KPOP shows were free entry if you had the specified documents with you like a copy of the album of the group you are going to see etc.
4. There was a priority system with the highest being given to those who had all three requirements fulfilled followed by those who had two and so on.
5. The group OP was going to see didn’t have the fan club priority system so they operated on a first come first serve basis. However who goes in first still depended on the out-of-three requirements that they fulfilled. OP had all three and got a nice spot in the line.
6. People are crazy about KPOP, the queues were bound to be long.
7. Wow, that is a lot of wait time and you don’t even know what part you will get to see being filmed…yet so many people. Wow, KPOP fever is real.
8. Because they were having trouble communicating with foreigners to make them stop taking pictures, the staff quizzed them all. Those who didn’t understand Korean got kicked out. OP passed it easily.
9. OP began the revenge story by sharing that Korean fans hated foreign fans in their country. That is unfortunate.
10. Now that is some level of entitlement there. The Korean fans were mad they had to wait in line “behind” the international fans. Wow.
11. Setting up the scene.
12. This Korean girl sitting behind OP was talking to a friend of hers and was dissing the international fans for “ruining it” for them.
13. She also mentioned OP making an assumption that she didn’t know Korean and bribed the staff to qualify for the show.
Why do I feel like this is all going to go downhill for this Korean girl? We all know OP knows the Korean language but that woman has no clue about it. She has made a false assumption, by the way, I absolutely hate such people. OP really shouldn’t listen to her cr*p and start speaking loudly in Korean, that would shut her up.
Let’s see the approach OP took here. Scroll down below to find out what happened next.
14. OP didn’t like it and wanted to do something about it because she wasn’t only dissing her and the international fans, she was doing it loudly, intentionally wanting everyone around her to hear it.
15. OP got up, told the Korean girls in front of her to hold her spot, and went to get a dozen bottles of water. Why, though?
16. OP came back and distributed the bottles of water in the group in front of her, the one in front of them, and also gave one to the Korean behind her who was talking sh*t about her.
17. The Korean girl got happy and thanked OP for the water, in English. OP capitalized and confronted her for talking sh*t about international fans and her…in fluent Korean.
18. The girl couldn’t believe what had just happened. With a dry throat, she apologized to OP, drank the water she got handed, and OP felt really good about it.
19. Glad OP had a great time.
Here are some of the comments shared on the story:
20. She was in desperate need of that water bottle after what OP did to her.
21. I know right? A true “K*ll them with kindness” in all its glory.
22. Couldn’t have said it better.
23. And a great source of entertainment for us.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“My brother is hosting a New Years party for the neighborhood dogs, I have no clue how he gt them all to sit.”