Is it okay to ruin your marriage relationship with your best friend? A solid question because this goes both ways if you are a character in the story we have for you guys today. Reddit user u/Tricky_Blacksmith305 shared she and her husband have the same circle of friends and the two met when both their best friends began dating. However, some while later OP’s best friend got cheated on by her husband’s best friend. OP and her husband decided to have OP’s best friend stay at their house until she sorted things out. During her stay at the house, OP’s best friend helped her a lot with the baby, really taking the stress away regarding parenting. OP’s husband would always hang out with his friends as soon as he would return home. One time when OP came home from work, he gave a very disgruntled look to OP’s best friend. He asked OP when she would leave because he wanted to call his best friend over, the guy who cheated on OP’s best friend.
With all her husband’s friends there at their house, OP decided to embarrass her husband in front of them all for being so rude to her best friend.
The matter got taken to the courts of the subreddit “Am I The A$$hole?” by OP to know if what she did was right or not. Scroll down below to read the story!
1. No one likes being embarrassed in front of their friend.
2. OP and her husband met because their mutual friends started dating. That is why both their social circle is the same.
3. I love those kind of friends…those who care for you more than many family members at times.
4. OP’s 6-month-old daughter is being supported by a wealthy father. OP would take over when she started going to school.
5. OP’s husband works a job and after coming home, he invites his friends over to their house or goes to one of theirs.
6. A few weeks ago this event took place, OP’s best friend got cheated on by her husband’s best friend. OP and her husband decided she would stay at their house until a conclusive solution was generated for the matter.
7. Ever since A had been staying at OP’s she provided great support with the baby and OP really liked that.
8. Woah, that is very rude.
I feel like this will backfire terribly on OP’s husband. This sudden rudeness towards A will not be liked by OP. Just think about it, A has been a great help to OP ever since she has been staying at her house. Oh, and yes it is OP’s house. We are yet to know what this rudeness has to do with but whatever it is, it will not go in favor of the husband…I am really sure about that.
Let’s see what happens next. Scroll down below to continue reading!
9. OP’s husband walked up to her and asked her when A would leave because he wanted his best friend to be at the house, the one who cheated on A.
10. OP didn’t take any of it and decided to embarrass her husband there and then with a solid spoonful of reality.
11. His friends were right there and it all happened in front of them. Since then OP’s husband has been giving her silent treatment which made her question whether embarrassing her husband in front of his friends was the right thing to do or not.
Here are some of the comments shared on the story:
12. The husband decided to make that conversation public. His initiation, he faces the consequences.
13. There is always a way of talking. That wasn’t the right way the way he did.
14. Point to ponder.
15. It is time you make some tough decisions, OP.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“Mentioned we were out of treats on my way out of the room. Came back to this.”