Our wives work so much to maintain the home, relationships, health of her husband and their children, and so much for. It id usually assumed that the wive must look after the reproductive economy and the husband must strengthen the productive economy. But what if the wife also takes part in the productive economy? Would it be fair to still have your wife do a the cooking, look after all the house chores, and even take care of children? That makes you think, right?
Reddit user u/sunny_dayyay shared that his wife does all the cooking for herself, him, and their two kids because she is a better cook than him. OP also shared his wife takes care of all the house chores as well as their kids. All of this despite her running a bakery business and OP working a job as a manager.
One day OP cooked chicken for dinner and while he was platting it, he noticed it was still pink in the middle. Even though his wife said it was fine, OP created a fuss and said his kids won’t eat pink chicken as it could potentially make them sick.
Scroll down below to read the story!
1. Let’s discover why OP didn’t want his kids to enjoy their mom’s cooked food.
2. OP says the cooking duties are entirely under his wife’s bucket because she cooks better than him.
3. One day while OP was plating the dinner for everyone, he noticed the chicken that his wife had cooked was still pink in the middle.
4. His wife said it was fine but OP resisted. He said he won’t let his kids eat pink chicken as it may make them sick.
5. OP decided to make some cheese and ham toasts. They all it except the wife who was really mad about what happened.
I think OP created a fuss here for no reason. Color of the protein doesn’t link accurately to its internal temperature. That is science and OP should’ve known this if he had to be too specific about the chicken being pink. In fact, if he could’ve just given the chicken some more heat, perhaps could’ve microwaved it, and it would have resolved the issue there and then.
This also shows that OP is very ungrateful. His wife literally looks after literally everything so that their house can be called a home, proudly, while he is away performing his manager duties. A terrible husband, if you ask me. This is not the way. OP must appreciate the efforts of his wife and if she does make a mistake at times, he must aid her to resolve the matter instead of igniting it further.
Here’s what the AITA community had to say about this:
6. See! The color and temperature don’t always align.
7. You have left way too much on your wife’s shoulders, OP.
8. Looks like OP had pre-decided to argue with his wife that day no matter what the reason.
9. 30 seconds is all it was going to take.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“Scared the bejesus outta me.”