Some people are really cautious regarding diseases and infections. In the hustle to stay away from such, they try to keep their environment as neat and clean as possible. But when does the neatness part get a bit too much? Well, let me tell you by sharing this story that we have got for you guys today.
While on his journey to be as neat as his mother, Reddit user u/Fit-Report-5909 shared that when he moved out to start living on his own, he did his best to keep his house as clean as he possibly could. So much so that he introduced a new rule for whoever would enter his house would have to either change their clothes or wear one of those transparent coats that he had purchased for guests. This rule was created by OP so that no germs from outside would get on his furniture. Yes, you read that right.
Scroll down below to read the story!
1. I have never heard of a request like this one, or even something similar.
2. OP lives alone and shared he is a very neat person.
3. When thinking about the amount of germs that could possibly contaminate his house, OP wondered when guests show up at his house who knows where they came from and how many germs they brought in with them.
4. To avoid this OP recently communicated to everyone he knew that if they wanted to come to his house, they would either have to change into new clothes as soon as they entered or wear one of those disposable transparent coats that he got.
5. This rule regarding not getting any germs on his furniture was approved by OP’s girlfriend, mother, and sister.
6. But when a friend came over to OP’s house, he was shocked to find out OP was actually enforcing his new rule regarding change of clothes. It wasn’t liked at all.
7. When OP talked to his mother about what happened, she told him not everyone would want to comply with his arrangements. This made OP consult the AITA community members.
I think OP has some issues. Who does that to their guests? And I found it really weird that OP’s girlfriend, sister, and mother supported this at first. You know what, in the end, it kind of feels like the mom did a U-turn on her son by saying not everyone will do what he says…where she supported his new rule in the beginning. Anyways, coming to the germs thing, this is truly out of order. Those germs that OP wants to keep out of his house would literally cause no harm to anyone. OP requires therapy, that’s what he wants before he calls his next guest over.
Here’s what the internet had to say about this:
8. Showing genuine concern, this person suggested therapy to OP.
9. Those germs won’t do anything to you, boy. Relax.
10. I have a personal dislike for statements that begin with “I don’t want to judge”.
11. This really needs to get sorted.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Via Saem Cho
“I’ve been gifted with the coolest dog spotting on my bday.”