Weddings are special and the bride and groom want the spotlight to only be on themselves.
Wedding day is a massive day. Probably the most special memory the bride and groom create with each other by forming an inseparable relationship of marriage. You don’t want anything terrible to happen on that day and you invest so much time and money to make sure everything just goes perfectly. Basically, every couple wants their wedding to go as it goes in one of those romantic Hollywood movies. But the real world is not perfect. Imperfections are okay and we all realize that but when someone tries to snatch the spotlight from the bride and groom, that is something no couple likes. And something similar happened in the Reddit story we have got for you guys today.
The person who tried to steal the wedding couple’s spotlight was none other than the groom’s brother. The siblings had never been on good terms ever. Since childhood, they had always been picking fights and as they turned into adults, a strong relationship of hate and anger developed between the two. Reddit user u/Neither-Glove-4355, the groom, shared that his younger brother, named Todd for the story, had plans to propose to the love of his life on his elder brother’s wedding day. This is no better way to steal the spotlight away from the main couple of the day. OP was never going to let that happen and he made sure it didn’t happen.
Scroll down below to read the story and know how it all went down.
1. OP’s brother Todd clearly gets prioritized over his siblings and that has made him develop a habit of stealing other people’s spotlight.
This guy is addicted to attention.
2. Previously Lucy ruined Abby’s baby shower and now Todd had plans to ruin OP’s wedding by proposing to Lucy on the same day.
Of course the pamperers were going to hate OP confronting Todd for trying to steal the spotlight once again.
3. OP managed to convince his parents to tell Todd to not do anything stupid at the wedding but he still did it, and that too while Michelle was dancing with her father.
Such a beautiful moment got stripped of the spotlight.
4. OP decided to take pro-revenge on Todd and he did so by bringing to the wedding a fake side chick of Todd who convinced Lucy she is carrying her fiance’s baby. And their engagement ended there and then.
5. OP fully ignored Todd and his parents after the revenge and according to him, he had all the right to do what he did with Todd.
I think Todd will now understand to never mess with the bulls.
When you do something that you have been warned not to do, you are bound to face the consequences. And that is exactly what happened with Todd. And his girlfriend didn’t say anything either, she too was equally involved in this failed attempt to steal the spotlight. I am extremely glad it didn’t happen. Kudos to OP!
Here are some of the comments shared on the story:
6. Or maybe she too wanted to get rid of Todd, but just couldn’t find the right moment to do so.
7. Lucy too did a terrible thing by stealing the spotlight on Abby’s baby shower.
8. Todd was given a verbal warning. He can’t expect anything to happen after still trying to mess up the wedding.
9. I don’t think he learned any lesson.
10. The response to this comment has me in splits.
11. Not many get the option to back out of trouble multiple times. Todd got them. But this guy just didn’t get it.
12. All-out nuclear attack.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section down below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“After losing her adopted brother back in May, she was so lost and sad. So we rescued her a new baby brother. I think she likes him.”